PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DisplayLink, the leading provider of technology for virtual graphics and USB-connected computing announced the introduction of the Fujitsu USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08 powered by the latest DisplayLink's DL-3900 graphics technology IC, enabling the first USB docking station to feature DisplayPort connectivity, reaching resolutions of up to 2560x1600.
Leveraging the high demand for "hot-desking" and flexibility within corporations, Fujitsu's USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08 extends the capabilities of PCs, notebooks and Ultrabooks for businesses, consumers and design professionals alike, facilitating the right ergonomics and providing the productivity benefits of a workspace with multiple displays by harnessing the dual-head video port power of DisplayLink's DL-3900 graphics technology.
"We are proud to partner with Fujitsu to bring to market the first USB 3.0 universal docking station with DisplayPort connectivity, enabling much higher resolutions than any other USB docking station before," said John Cummins, DisplayLink senior vice president of sales and marketing. "The Fujitsu USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08 is a one stop dock, managing it all."
"Incorporating virtual graphics technology from DisplayLink into Fujitsu's USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08 makes it easier for mobile workers to connect to a more ergonomic, richer desktop display experience, no matter which desk they choose," says Dieter Heiss, Head of Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions. "The Fujitsu port replicator works with any make and model of notebook obtaining compatibility for external displays in heterogeneous hot-desk environments, saving both time and costs."
Equipped with a multiple connectivity options to facilitate the delivery of high-performance graphics, Ethernet and audio, the Fujitsu USB 3.0 Port Replicator PR08 docking station features a Gigabit Ethernet port, two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports for connecting a variety of accessories and a DisplayPort connection that supports ultra-high resolutions of up to 2560x1600. It also features a DVI-I port with an external VGA adapter, as well as 3.5mm audio in/out ports with stereo (2.1) and surround sound (5.1) support; allowing users to connect speakers, headphones or a microphone, and finally a Kensington lock slot to help secure the dock and avoid theft.
Latest News Posts
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20