HIGHPOINT REVOLUTIONIZES GAMING SYSTEMS WITH SAS HARD DRIVE PERFORMANCE AND CONNECTIVTY
Milpitas, Calif. - HighPoint Technologies is revolutionizing gaming systems by bringing SAS 15,000 RPM hard drive performance and connectivity with the RocketRAID 2640x4 - the industry's most affordable PCI-Express x4 SAS RAID Controller.
Gaming systems do not have SAS connectivity and are limited to only SATA hard drives. The SATA 7,200 RPM hard drive is commonly used as the systems hard disk while SATA 10,000 RPM drives are for the mid-level and gaming customer. A RAID 0 SATA configuration is commonly used to achieve the highest performance. Solid states disk drives are the latest craze - but the price per gigabyte makes it cost prohibitive leaving, SATA as the de-facto choice for gaming systems. Gaming systems require the fastest available hardware to provide the gamer with the most intense gaming experience possible. Typical gaming systems utilize PCI-E Video Cards, Dual or Quad core system processors, and several gigabytes of system memory.
The difference in cost for a 146GB SAS 15,000 RPM hard drive versus 150GB 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive is only 5% but the performance in transfer rate is huge with over 56%, since SAS 15,000 RPM drives can sustain up to 128MB/s while SATA 10,000 RPM drive can sustain 82MB/s. Other mechanical factors in a SAS drive - lower average latency, lower Read/Write seek times make it far superior to the SATA drive.
The RocketRAID 2640x4 with SAS 15K RPM hard drives is the most affordable SAS RAID solution for gaming systems that will increase performance to improve the overall gaming experience.
HighPoint Technologies is headquartered in Milpitas CA. For further information please call 408-942-5800 or email email@example.com Visit the HighPoint site at http://www.highpoint-tech.com or http://www.hptmac.com.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards