AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced today that Colette LaForce, 39, will join the company as senior vice president and chief marketing officer, reporting to President and Chief Executive Officer Rory Read. In her new role, LaForce will lead global integrated marketing for AMD, including marketing strategy, branding, internal and external communications, corporate events, sponsorships and entertainment marketing.
"Colette brings strong technology marketing and brand-building experience, a fresh perspective and a results-oriented approach that will strengthen AMD's global marketing organization," Read said. "Her deep expertise will accelerate the revitalization of the AMD brand, amplifying our voice in the marketplace while helping position the company for long-term growth."
LaForce will join AMD this month from Dell, where she is currently global vice president and chief marketing officer of the approximately $8 billion Dell Services business unit. As chief marketing officer for Dell Services, LaForce leads integrated marketing, demand generation, events, internal and external communications, sales enablement and alliance partnerships. While at Dell, LaForce has also held senior leadership positions within the corporate marketing, global communications, product marketing and business unit marketing groups. She also led Dell's corporate thought leadership and executive communications programs.
Before joining Dell, LaForce spent nearly a decade in marketing and communications leadership roles for a variety of technology and venture capital companies, including Rackable Systems (now SGI) and Accenture.
LaForce has a Bachelor of Arts and graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame. She will join AMD on May 14, 2012 and will be based in Austin, Texas.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss wants more first-party games, less third-party deals
- Star Wars: Battlefront's new Blast mode is 10v10 chaos
- Fallout 4 might take over 400 hours to complete
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- So that you will have a way to generate
- I'm baaaaack
- B85-DGS Bios update
- Ant-Man (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 second pci-express problem
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis