AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced today that Colette LaForce, 39, will join the company as senior vice president and chief marketing officer, reporting to President and Chief Executive Officer Rory Read. In her new role, LaForce will lead global integrated marketing for AMD, including marketing strategy, branding, internal and external communications, corporate events, sponsorships and entertainment marketing.
"Colette brings strong technology marketing and brand-building experience, a fresh perspective and a results-oriented approach that will strengthen AMD's global marketing organization," Read said. "Her deep expertise will accelerate the revitalization of the AMD brand, amplifying our voice in the marketplace while helping position the company for long-term growth."
LaForce will join AMD this month from Dell, where she is currently global vice president and chief marketing officer of the approximately $8 billion Dell Services business unit. As chief marketing officer for Dell Services, LaForce leads integrated marketing, demand generation, events, internal and external communications, sales enablement and alliance partnerships. While at Dell, LaForce has also held senior leadership positions within the corporate marketing, global communications, product marketing and business unit marketing groups. She also led Dell's corporate thought leadership and executive communications programs.
Before joining Dell, LaForce spent nearly a decade in marketing and communications leadership roles for a variety of technology and venture capital companies, including Rackable Systems (now SGI) and Accenture.
LaForce has a Bachelor of Arts and graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame. She will join AMD on May 14, 2012 and will be based in Austin, Texas.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's VR headset for the PS4 will ship in 2016 with a 1080p display
- AMD announce Liquid VR, with the goal of removing latency from VR
- Valve announces its Source 2 engine, 'free to content developers'
- Gartner: Smartphone sales topped more than 1 billion in 2014
- Sony says free-to-play growing part of digital business
- M5A78L-M LX Plus + FX4100 Serious Failure Problem?
- ASUS WiFi Bridge
- HDD Problem, loading issue
- Asus P4s8x
- need cheap board
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams