AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced its collaboration with PTC®, a leading provider of product development software solutions and services, to enable 900% faster performance in 3D transparency in PTC® Creo® Parametric 2.0 and shaded 3D frame rates and interactivity by over 4X2 on AMD FirePro professional graphics cards. In addition, the AMD Catalyst Pro driver supports optimizations to ensure AMD FirePro professional graphics cards enable winning performance, reliability and workflow innovation for Creo® users at virtually every AMD FirePro professional graphics card price point.
"The latest AMD FirePro professional graphics cards and drivers have been specifically engineered to enhance the productivity of PTC® Creo® Parametric 2.0 users," said Antoine Reymond, senior strategic alliance manager, Workstation Graphics, AMD. "Technical designers rely on software and hardware tools to optimize their workflow and enable them to effectively design without performance bottlenecks. Our collaboration with PTC® helps ensure design professionals using AMD FirePro professional graphics cards will experience a significant boost in performance, resulting in superior productivity and design intuition."
Through this collaborative process, AMD and PTC® developed an ultra-fast GPU-accelerated 3D transparency mode for Creo® Parametric 2.0, as well as GPU-accelerated OpenGL functions, which deliver always-on 3D interactivity increases for Creo® users. For design professionals using PTC® Creo® Parametric 2.0, these innovations are designed to improve decision-making effectiveness, increase workflow efficiencies and build overall awareness throughout the design process.
"PTC and the AMD FirePro team have collaborated to deliver Creo graphics performance and workflow optimizations to help designers create, innovate and deliver products that meet their customers' needs," said Brian Thompson, VP MCAD Product Management at PTC. "The new performance enhancements in Creo Parametric 2.0 include GPU-accelerated transparency and 3D viewport performance enhancements. AMD FirePro professional performance-optimized graphics cards and drivers help users fully realize the power of Creo 2.0."
Benefits an AMD FirePro professional graphics card can provide PTC® Creo® Parametric 2.0 users:
Hardware-accelerated transparency rendering (OIT): Increases 3D interactivity (frame rates) by up to and over 900% while "pixel-accurate" depth sorting ensures that assembly components are visually represented in context of the surrounding geometry.
Hardware-accelerated 3D interactivity performance enhancements (VBO): "Always-on" 3D rendering performance enhancements provides up to and over 4X faster 3D frame rates and interactivity with advanced datasets and workflows.
AMD Eyefinity technology: Easy and flexible configuration of up to six displays from a single AMD FirePro professional graphics card provides more efficient multi-tasking and greater workflow flexibility.
AMD GeometryBoost technology: Provides double the raw geometry performance for working with larger datasets with more complexity, ensuring smooth 3D interactivity even as moderately complex datasets and models become more complex.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- HP teases a high-end PC backpack for VR, still a work in progress
- Corsair's custom-built Dominator Platinum RAM for ASUS ROG announced
- EVGA's new GeForce GTX 1080 features ACX 3.0 cooling, and more
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards