AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced its collaboration with PTC┬«, a leading provider of product development software solutions and services, to enable 900% faster performance in 3D transparency in PTC┬« Creo┬« Parametric 2.0 and shaded 3D frame rates and interactivity by over 4X2 on AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics cards. In addition, the AMD Catalyst┬Ö Pro driver supports optimizations to ensure AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics cards enable winning performance, reliability and workflow innovation for Creo┬« users at virtually every AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics card price point.
"The latest AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics cards and drivers have been specifically engineered to enhance the productivity of PTC┬« Creo┬« Parametric 2.0 users," said Antoine Reymond, senior strategic alliance manager, Workstation Graphics, AMD. "Technical designers rely on software and hardware tools to optimize their workflow and enable them to effectively design without performance bottlenecks. Our collaboration with PTC┬« helps ensure design professionals using AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics cards will experience a significant boost in performance, resulting in superior productivity and design intuition."
Through this collaborative process, AMD and PTC┬« developed an ultra-fast GPU-accelerated 3D transparency mode for Creo┬« Parametric 2.0, as well as GPU-accelerated OpenGL functions, which deliver always-on 3D interactivity increases for Creo┬« users. For design professionals using PTC┬« Creo┬« Parametric 2.0, these innovations are designed to improve decision-making effectiveness, increase workflow efficiencies and build overall awareness throughout the design process.
"PTC and the AMD FirePro team have collaborated to deliver Creo graphics performance and workflow optimizations to help designers create, innovate and deliver products that meet their customers' needs," said Brian Thompson, VP MCAD Product Management at PTC. "The new performance enhancements in Creo Parametric 2.0 include GPU-accelerated transparency and 3D viewport performance enhancements. AMD FirePro professional performance-optimized graphics cards and drivers help users fully realize the power of Creo 2.0."
Benefits an AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics card can provide PTC┬« Creo┬« Parametric 2.0 users:
Hardware-accelerated transparency rendering (OIT): Increases 3D interactivity (frame rates) by up to and over 900% while "pixel-accurate" depth sorting ensures that assembly components are visually represented in context of the surrounding geometry.
Hardware-accelerated 3D interactivity performance enhancements (VBO): "Always-on" 3D rendering performance enhancements provides up to and over 4X faster 3D frame rates and interactivity with advanced datasets and workflows.
AMD Eyefinity technology: Easy and flexible configuration of up to six displays from a single AMD FirePro┬Ö professional graphics card provides more efficient multi-tasking and greater workflow flexibility.
AMD GeometryBoost technology: Provides double the raw geometry performance for working with larger datasets with more complexity, ensuring smooth 3D interactivity even as moderately complex datasets and models become more complex.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Cassini's image shows tiny Earth between Saturn's rings
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops