Heart IT, the global leader that pioneered the first FDA approved zero footprint medical imaging workstation, WebPAX®, announced today the award of its sixth patent covering "zero-footprint" medical image viewing technologies. "Zero-footprint" technologies allow health care professionals to view medical images using any computing platform with a standard Internet web browser.
This includes Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Mozilla's Firefox, Apple's Safari, and Google's Chrome on Windows-based desktop and laptop PCs in addition to Macintosh-based desktops and laptops. Further, WebPAX® enables users of mobile devices to access medical images through standard browsers on Apple's iPad and iPhone, as well as all Google Android tablets and cell phones. Without "zero-footprint" technologies, medical images can only be viewed by installing proprietary software that is different for each web browser, each operating system, and each hardware device.
U.S. Patent Number 8166381 issued on April 24, 2012. Heart IT's "zero footprint" intellectual property portfolio also includes five previously-issued U.S. Patents: 6934698, 7457656, 7668835, 7958100, and 8055636. HeartIT's intellectual property coverage for its issued patents extends through the year 2025. Additional related patents are pending review by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller