Today you can download new versions of Twitter for iPhone in the App Store and Twitter for Android in Google Play. These updates make it easier to find out what's happening on Twitter with improvements to discover, search and notifications.
The Discover tab helps you find interesting and timely content that matters to you. With this update, you can see Activity on Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for Android. Activity is a stream of updates that shows which Tweets are favorited or retweeted by the people you follow and which accounts those people follow or add to lists.
Activity appears below the redesigned stories in Discover. Now you can tap any story once to see Tweets about a particular trend or news article. You can then read the entire story or join the conversation by replying, retweeting or favoriting related Tweets.
Search is now simpler in both mobile apps. You can see suggestions for different spellings and related terms for your queries. Finding the people you're looking for is faster, too. In the Connect tab, you can start typing the first or last name or username of the person you're looking for and the name will autocomplete for people that you follow.
We've also made a few improvements specifically for iPhone: when you tap the search box in Discover, you'll see your most recent queries. You can also go directly to someone's profile when searching for a username in Connect.
Lastly, we've added push notifications for Interactions, so you can know immediately when your Tweets have been retweeted or favorited, or when somebody new follows your account. You can manage your push notifications settings to stay as connected as you'd like.
Download Twitter for iPhone today from the App Store and Twitter for Android in Google Play.
This update was a great collaboration between many teams at Twitter including Android, iOS, Discover, Search and others. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this effort.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube's web-based video player receives a slick new look
- EA teases Mirror's Edge Catalyst trailer ahead of Gamescom
- Basemark Web 3.0 announced, wants to benchmark all the browsers
- FDA approves the first drug to be 3D printed, arrives in 2016
- 'Dungeons and Dragons' feature film reboot on the way
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- unwisely spent on pursuits Muscle Building
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line
- Toshiba Unveils 256 Gigabit 48-layer 3D TLC NAND Chip
- Unigen Announces DDR4 Modules
- Seagate Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Results
- IBASE Announces ASB200-908 IPC