Synology has confirmed a known system issue caused by flawed flash memory chips. This issue can occur when users reboot the DiskStation; the unit will not restart and the blue LED light will blink continuously. This issue does not affect data stored on the DiskStation and will not result in data loss.
The affected products include DS1512+ and DS1812+ worldwide, and DS212j for Asia shipments only. The best estimated quantity is 480, 120 and 700 units respectively and most of them have been returned or are on the way to Synology.
Users who encounter this issue should contact Synology at blueLED@synology.com and our technical support team will provide them with the best solution. If users did not encounter the above issue but still have any concerns, or users want to make sure the product that they are going to purchase is not affected, they are welcome to send serial numbers to blueLED@synology.com for verification.
For resellers who want to check whether their on-hand stocks are affected, they are also welcome to send serial numbers to blueLED@synology.com for verification. Synology strives to ensure all customers can receive our rapid and full support.
"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and appreciate your understanding in this matter. Synology has taken immediate action to correct the situation, and we remain one hundred percent dedicated to serving our customers," said Vic Hsu, CEO of Synology Inc. "Rest assured we have already identified and fixed this problem. No future shipments will be affected."
Latest News Posts
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- Latest Final Fantasy XIV patch loaded with new content
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- XCOM 2 no longer PC exclusive, out on Xbox One and PS4
- The Walking Dead co-creator suing AMC for $280 million
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now