Synology has confirmed a known system issue caused by flawed flash memory chips. This issue can occur when users reboot the DiskStation; the unit will not restart and the blue LED light will blink continuously. This issue does not affect data stored on the DiskStation and will not result in data loss.
The affected products include DS1512+ and DS1812+ worldwide, and DS212j for Asia shipments only. The best estimated quantity is 480, 120 and 700 units respectively and most of them have been returned or are on the way to Synology.
Users who encounter this issue should contact Synology at blueLED@synology.com and our technical support team will provide them with the best solution. If users did not encounter the above issue but still have any concerns, or users want to make sure the product that they are going to purchase is not affected, they are welcome to send serial numbers to blueLED@synology.com for verification.
For resellers who want to check whether their on-hand stocks are affected, they are also welcome to send serial numbers to blueLED@synology.com for verification. Synology strives to ensure all customers can receive our rapid and full support.
"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and appreciate your understanding in this matter. Synology has taken immediate action to correct the situation, and we remain one hundred percent dedicated to serving our customers," said Vic Hsu, CEO of Synology Inc. "Rest assured we have already identified and fixed this problem. No future shipments will be affected."
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes