Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and green computing, today announced additions to its Ethernet switch product line with a pair of powerful new 52 port 1 Gigabit Ethernet switches. The SSE-G2252 and its companion SSE-G2252P are IEEE 802.3az compliant providing Energy Efficient Ethernet services and offer 1 GbE connectivity over 48x RJ45 ports and 4x SFP ports. The SSE-G2252P model is IEEE 802.3at compliant and supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), offering the most flexible power budget allocation in the industry.
Supermicro's Layer 2 switches undergo rigorous compliance testing to ensure compatibility with IEEE Ethernet standards and are designed for top-of-rack or standalone applications. They offer extremely cost-effective networking options for Data Center, Cloud Computing, HPC and SMB environments. They provide a choice of management interfaces using either a Web-based GUI or an industry compatible command-line-interface (CLI). The PoE model supports and makes possible rapid installation of PoE-based devices such as wireless access points for conferences and shows, support for VoIP phones, as well as PoE surveillance cameras and a myriad of new PoE devices becoming available on the market.
"By incorporating the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet technology in our new 1U networking switches we have added another dimension to our 'We Keep IT Green' initiative," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "PoE functionality with 30W per port further extends our solutions for Enterprise IT and SMB applications. These new cost-effective switches offer high density, Layer 2 switching with 52 ports of 1 GbE to meet growing IT demands and complement our extensive line of high-performance, high-efficiency server and storage products."
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P also offer a full range of popular Ethernet features like Jumbo Frames, Link Aggregation, VLANs, and Quality of Service. All of this is done in a compact 1U form factor for maximum flexibility in rack-mount installations.
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P are available now. For more information about Supermicro's full line of networking products, go to http://www.supermicro.com/Networking.
Latest News Posts
- WHO: Turn volume down, 1.1 billion people at risk of hearing loss
- Sony announces it has sold over 20 million PlayStation 4 consoles
- Valve announces Steam Link, to extend Steam anywhere in your house
- 'Independence Day 2' casts Jeff Goldblum and Liam Hemsworth
- AT&T wants connected homes and vehicles to better communicate
- MSI X99S-MPower (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 - F5c BIOS
- Asrock z97 Extreme4 mic + pci-e x1 problem
- Fatality fm2a88x + killer?
- IOMMU support on AMD Motherboards
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams