Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and green computing, today announced additions to its Ethernet switch product line with a pair of powerful new 52 port 1 Gigabit Ethernet switches. The SSE-G2252 and its companion SSE-G2252P are IEEE 802.3az compliant providing Energy Efficient Ethernet services and offer 1 GbE connectivity over 48x RJ45 ports and 4x SFP ports. The SSE-G2252P model is IEEE 802.3at compliant and supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), offering the most flexible power budget allocation in the industry.
Supermicro's Layer 2 switches undergo rigorous compliance testing to ensure compatibility with IEEE Ethernet standards and are designed for top-of-rack or standalone applications. They offer extremely cost-effective networking options for Data Center, Cloud Computing, HPC and SMB environments. They provide a choice of management interfaces using either a Web-based GUI or an industry compatible command-line-interface (CLI). The PoE model supports and makes possible rapid installation of PoE-based devices such as wireless access points for conferences and shows, support for VoIP phones, as well as PoE surveillance cameras and a myriad of new PoE devices becoming available on the market.
"By incorporating the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet technology in our new 1U networking switches we have added another dimension to our 'We Keep IT Green' initiative," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "PoE functionality with 30W per port further extends our solutions for Enterprise IT and SMB applications. These new cost-effective switches offer high density, Layer 2 switching with 52 ports of 1 GbE to meet growing IT demands and complement our extensive line of high-performance, high-efficiency server and storage products."
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P also offer a full range of popular Ethernet features like Jumbo Frames, Link Aggregation, VLANs, and Quality of Service. All of this is done in a compact 1U form factor for maximum flexibility in rack-mount installations.
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P are available now. For more information about Supermicro's full line of networking products, go to http://www.supermicro.com/Networking.
Latest News Posts
- Fight erupts after drone drops narcotics into prison yard
- TrendForce: 14M virtual reality units in 2016, mainly used for gaming
- Acer rumored to announce four new Windows 10 Mobile phones during IFA
- Tidal struggling with executives leaving, though Jay-Z isn't moving
- Save 96% On a Lifetime Subscription to TigerVPN
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- unwisely spent on pursuits Muscle Building
- windows 10 help
- Noctua Provides Free Mounting Upgrade for Upcoming Intel "Skylake" Platform
- Crucial to Showcase New Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 White Modules at Gamescom
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line
- Toshiba Unveils 256 Gigabit 48-layer 3D TLC NAND Chip
- Unigen Announces DDR4 Modules