Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and green computing, today announced additions to its Ethernet switch product line with a pair of powerful new 52 port 1 Gigabit Ethernet switches. The SSE-G2252 and its companion SSE-G2252P are IEEE 802.3az compliant providing Energy Efficient Ethernet services and offer 1 GbE connectivity over 48x RJ45 ports and 4x SFP ports. The SSE-G2252P model is IEEE 802.3at compliant and supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), offering the most flexible power budget allocation in the industry.
Supermicro's Layer 2 switches undergo rigorous compliance testing to ensure compatibility with IEEE Ethernet standards and are designed for top-of-rack or standalone applications. They offer extremely cost-effective networking options for Data Center, Cloud Computing, HPC and SMB environments. They provide a choice of management interfaces using either a Web-based GUI or an industry compatible command-line-interface (CLI). The PoE model supports and makes possible rapid installation of PoE-based devices such as wireless access points for conferences and shows, support for VoIP phones, as well as PoE surveillance cameras and a myriad of new PoE devices becoming available on the market.
"By incorporating the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet technology in our new 1U networking switches we have added another dimension to our 'We Keep IT Green' initiative," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "PoE functionality with 30W per port further extends our solutions for Enterprise IT and SMB applications. These new cost-effective switches offer high density, Layer 2 switching with 52 ports of 1 GbE to meet growing IT demands and complement our extensive line of high-performance, high-efficiency server and storage products."
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P also offer a full range of popular Ethernet features like Jumbo Frames, Link Aggregation, VLANs, and Quality of Service. All of this is done in a compact 1U form factor for maximum flexibility in rack-mount installations.
The SSE-G2252 and SSE-G2252P are available now. For more information about Supermicro's full line of networking products, go to http://www.supermicro.com/Networking.
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20