SGI, the trusted leader in technical computing, today announced the introduction of SGI NAS, a powerful, no-compromise, full-featured enterprise-class open storage solution that delivers maximum flexibility to IT managers who must master the challenges of inexorable data growth. As the first fully integrated solution in the SGI Modular InfiniteStorage product family, SGI NAS provides organizations with a full-featured platform that can start small and yet scale to multiple petabytes of unified storage according to business demands. This storage solution supports advanced enterprise architecture from virtualization to the complete lifecycle of data -from creation to archive - with a minimum of datacenter real estate.
SGI NAS includes full VM integration, even in mixed vendor environments, and with the latest Intel Xeon E5 series processors, the system offers infinitely flexible configuration options from terabytes to petabytes of storage and can be expanded to extremely large deployments with multi-node local and remote clusters. With support for multiple NAS and SAN protocols, standard features include inline de-duplication and native compression, unlimited snapshots and cloning, unlimited file size, and high-availability support. With a browser-based GUI the system is simple to administer from any desktop or tablet, making SGI NAS a powerful addition to the SGI InfiniteStorage ecosystem.
"One of the biggest challenges facing any storage customer is rationalizing the cost and complexity of rapidly expanding data storage requirements," said Steve Conway, IDC research vice president for HPC. "SGI's Modular InfiniteStorage product family is designed to address this problem by merging a modular open storage architecture with advances in density. Products like this have a strong potential for boosting returns on data storage investments."
At the core of SGI NAS is a standards-based open storage architecture that blends the modular flexibility of SGI hardware and software to provide a best-of-breed unified storage solution. This approach enables straight-forward integration into legacy storage environments, and ensures that customer data is not trapped within expensive siloed arrays. The scalability and density of the system enables IT managers to invest in a cost-optimized system based upon today's requirements that has no capacity limitations to penalize future expansion.
"Customers continually ask for flexible solutions that don't tie them into one type of storage architecture as they look for ways to better manage continued data expansion across their infrastructures," said Tony Carrozza, executive vice president of field operations at SGI. "SGI NAS addresses this by ensuring that they can effectively deal with data today, and ensure it will be available anytime and anywhere as their data demands continue to scale."
Data integrity is at the heart the SGI NAS solution, with constant monitoring to proactively identify and prevent silent data corruption. Additional features such as support for real-time failover between active/active clusters in different geographies as well as both synchronous and asynchronous multi-site replication capabilities ensure always data is available where and when it is needed.
Availability and Pricing
SGI NAS is available for preorder now from SGI. Pricing information is available upon request. For more product information please visit sgi.com/nas.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni