Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX 3K SSD, a high-performance, lower priced solid-state drive enabling users to experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. Powered by the second-generation SandForce SF-2281 processor and based on SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) interface, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for budget-minded gamers, enthusiasts, multitaskers, overclockers and system builders.
HyperX 3K SSD loads games and applications faster, increases frames-per-second for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. It has incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510 MB/s and max random R/W IOPS of 85k/74k. HyperX 3K SSD features SandForce DuraClass technology to provide best in class endurance, and to maximize life span and durability under the most intensive environments.
"Kingston is devoted to offering the best upgrade solution for every market segment. The new Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is specifically designed to meet the needs of budget-minded gamers, PC enthusiasts and A/V professionals looking for powerful upgrades," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "We are thrilled to offer an SSD that combines HyperX performance and Kingston quality at a lower price."
Shipping in 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, and 480 GB capacities, HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user's system. It is available as either a stand-alone drive or in an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and free technical support. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Components: MLC NAND (3k P/E Cycles)
- Interface: SATA Rev 3.0 (6 Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3 Gb/s)
- Capacities: 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB
- Sequential Read/Write (SATA Rev. 3.0):
90 GB - 555/510 MB/s
120 GB - 555/510 MB/s
240 GB - 555/510 MB/s
480 GB - 540/450 MB/s
- Sustained 4 KB Random Read/Write:
90 GB - 20,000/50,000 IOPS
120 GB - 20,000/60,000 IOPS
240 GB - 40,000/57,000 IOPS
480 GB - 60,000/45,000 IOPS
- Max 4 KB Random Read/Write:
90 GB - 85,000/74,000 IOPS
120 GB - 85,000/73,000 IOPS
240 GB - 86,000/60,000 IOPS
480 GB - 75,000/48,000 IOPS
- Dimension: 69.85 mm x 100 mm x 9.5 mm
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Shock Resistance: 1500G
- Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C to 70°C
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score:
90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB: 60,000
- Power Consumption:
0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.58 W (TYP) Read / 2.11 W (TYP) Write
- Warranty/Support: Three-year warranty with free technical support
Latest News Posts
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched