Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX 3K SSD, a high-performance, lower priced solid-state drive enabling users to experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. Powered by the second-generation SandForce SF-2281 processor and based on SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 Gb/s) interface, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for budget-minded gamers, enthusiasts, multitaskers, overclockers and system builders.
HyperX 3K SSD loads games and applications faster, increases frames-per-second for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. It has incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510 MB/s and max random R/W IOPS of 85k/74k. HyperX 3K SSD features SandForce DuraClass technology to provide best in class endurance, and to maximize life span and durability under the most intensive environments.
"Kingston is devoted to offering the best upgrade solution for every market segment. The new Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is specifically designed to meet the needs of budget-minded gamers, PC enthusiasts and A/V professionals looking for powerful upgrades," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "We are thrilled to offer an SSD that combines HyperX performance and Kingston quality at a lower price."
Shipping in 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, and 480 GB capacities, HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user's system. It is available as either a stand-alone drive or in an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and free technical support. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Components: MLC NAND (3k P/E Cycles)
- Interface: SATA Rev 3.0 (6 Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3 Gb/s)
- Capacities: 90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB
- Sequential Read/Write (SATA Rev. 3.0):
90 GB - 555/510 MB/s
120 GB - 555/510 MB/s
240 GB - 555/510 MB/s
480 GB - 540/450 MB/s
- Sustained 4 KB Random Read/Write:
90 GB - 20,000/50,000 IOPS
120 GB - 20,000/60,000 IOPS
240 GB - 40,000/57,000 IOPS
480 GB - 60,000/45,000 IOPS
- Max 4 KB Random Read/Write:
90 GB - 85,000/74,000 IOPS
120 GB - 85,000/73,000 IOPS
240 GB - 86,000/60,000 IOPS
480 GB - 75,000/48,000 IOPS
- Dimension: 69.85 mm x 100 mm x 9.5 mm
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Shock Resistance: 1500G
- Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C to 70°C
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score:
90 GB, 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB: 60,000
- Power Consumption:
0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.58 W (TYP) Read / 2.11 W (TYP) Write
- Warranty/Support: Three-year warranty with free technical support
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family