Western Digital today introduced the first 2 TB capacity portable drive dedicated for Mac customers, My Passport Studio. This new standard in high storage capacity, along with Apple Time Machine compatibility for quick and easy automatic backup of Mac hard drives, allows Mac users to use one drive for the protection and transport of virtually all their digital content, everywhere they go.
The new My Passport Studio portable drive maintains its elegant and protective all-metal casing to complement the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, providing the beautiful aesthetic that Mac users expect while increasing storage capacity to 2 TB, enough space for approximately 400,000 photos, 240 hours of video or 500,000 songs.
In addition to the USB 2.0 interface, My Passport Studio's two high performance FireWire 800 ports, makes it perfect for active and mobile creative professionals including photographers, videographers, graphic artists, and others who need the speed, capacity, and flexibility to access content anytime or anywhere. The dual FireWire ports provide blazing fast upload and transfer speeds while also allowing users to daisy chain additional drives or other peripherals such as HD camcorders. My Passport Studio also features hardware-based encryption and password protection software, and an all-metal design constructed for a sturdy feel in your hand and scratch resistance.
"The My Passport Studio is a perfect companion for the MacBook Pro and for creative professionals on the go," explains Jody Bradshaw, senior director and general manager of WD's consumer storage products group. "For those who create large content files such as photographers and videographers, they will now be able to carry it with them wherever they go, as well as create a backup copy of everything they produce without fear of running out of additional storage while on location."
Pricing and Availability
WD's My Passport Studio 2 TB portable hard drive is available on the WD store at http://www.wdstore.com and at select retailers and distributors. The My Passport Studio 2 TB has an MSRP of $299.99. For more information on the My Passport Studio portable hard drive please visit the WD website at http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=420.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X