SAN JOSE, CA - March 29, 2012 - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that the company's enterprise class Deneva 2 solid state drives will be deployed within the newest NuVola Private Cloud Platform Solution Appliance - SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu, which also utilizes Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software.
The SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance combines Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software with Fujitsu's server hardware, and delivers significant benefits of intelligent, autonomic data cache and tier management used to optimize the performance of I/O intensive applications. Customers using the SAN Velocity appliance gain the benefits of aligning the value of data with the value of OCZ Deneva 2 SSD storage and Assurance Storage's software, to improve performance for a variety of business critical applications such as OLTP, database applications and storage cache management.
"We are excited to partner with both Assurance Storage and Fujitsu to deploy our Deneva 2 solid state drives in their new private cloud appliance," said Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Technology. "As more and more businesses face the ever increasing challenges associated with managing and processing massive amounts of data, our SSD technology is the ideal fit for this exciting tiered storage solution which addresses database and cloud applications head on."
"The Assurance ApplicationSmart software provides the ability to utilize FLASH technologies in tera-scale for fast access of the most frequently read data," said Steve Visconti, President and CEO at Assurance. "With a solution this precise, automated and scalable offers for the first time the ability to design flexible storage architectures better utilizing new technologies such as PCIe NAND Flash and SSDs as an effective Solid State Storage tier."
"The introduction of the SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance gives our customers a self-optimizing, solid state storage solution that immediately improves application performance in the customer's SAN," said Vic Herring, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, FFNA. "What this means is customers can easily upgrade their outdated storage caching methods of most frequently and recently used blocks to a fully automated, high precision solid state storage appliance purpose built for large enterprise and cloud environments."
OCZ's Deneva 2 SSDs feature a flexible design with a wide range of configurations and maximizes application performance with superior bandwidth, reliability, and energy efficiency, making them the ideal storage option for cutting-edge solution providers in the enterprise space.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 launching sometime between April 2016 and March 2017
- DICE and EA tease Mirror's Edge 2 for early 2016
- Fox renews 'The Simpsons' for another two years
- Samsung launches PRO Plus and EVO Plus memory cards with 4K in mind
- NVIDIA offers GTX 900 series "Two Times the Adventure" game bundle
- Asus RT-N56U disconnecting every hour
- Supermicro X10DRX (Intel C612) Server Motherboard Review
- z97 D3H USB 3.0 front panel Power Surge
- Need Help: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force. PC does not start
- Tomorrow, the Bungie team will continue to roll out information for the upcoming Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves
- Samsung Announces PRO Plus and EVO Plus Memory Cards
- Giada Launches Compact i200 Mini-PC for Thin Client, Enterprise and Industrial Applications
- Online Gaming to Fuel $150bn Digital Content Market by 2019, Finds Juniper Research
- Nokia published its corporate responsibility report for 2014