SAN JOSE, CA - March 29, 2012 - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that the company's enterprise class Deneva 2 solid state drives will be deployed within the newest NuVola Private Cloud Platform Solution Appliance - SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu, which also utilizes Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software.
The SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance combines Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software with Fujitsu's server hardware, and delivers significant benefits of intelligent, autonomic data cache and tier management used to optimize the performance of I/O intensive applications. Customers using the SAN Velocity appliance gain the benefits of aligning the value of data with the value of OCZ Deneva 2 SSD storage and Assurance Storage's software, to improve performance for a variety of business critical applications such as OLTP, database applications and storage cache management.
"We are excited to partner with both Assurance Storage and Fujitsu to deploy our Deneva 2 solid state drives in their new private cloud appliance," said Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Technology. "As more and more businesses face the ever increasing challenges associated with managing and processing massive amounts of data, our SSD technology is the ideal fit for this exciting tiered storage solution which addresses database and cloud applications head on."
"The Assurance ApplicationSmart software provides the ability to utilize FLASH technologies in tera-scale for fast access of the most frequently read data," said Steve Visconti, President and CEO at Assurance. "With a solution this precise, automated and scalable offers for the first time the ability to design flexible storage architectures better utilizing new technologies such as PCIe NAND Flash and SSDs as an effective Solid State Storage tier."
"The introduction of the SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance gives our customers a self-optimizing, solid state storage solution that immediately improves application performance in the customer's SAN," said Vic Herring, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, FFNA. "What this means is customers can easily upgrade their outdated storage caching methods of most frequently and recently used blocks to a fully automated, high precision solid state storage appliance purpose built for large enterprise and cloud environments."
OCZ's Deneva 2 SSDs feature a flexible design with a wide range of configurations and maximizes application performance with superior bandwidth, reliability, and energy efficiency, making them the ideal storage option for cutting-edge solution providers in the enterprise space.
Latest News Posts
- The Division to feature 100-player 'Dark Zones', PvP, and so much more
- Game on for our 'Hunger Games: Mockingay' Blu-ray Giveaway
- Google hit AI breakthrough that could be huge for self-driving cars
- SanDisk unveils huge 200GB microSD card for Android devices
- Concern in rising number of tax-related scams and cybercrime
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop