SAN JOSE, CA - March 29, 2012 - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that the company's enterprise class Deneva 2 solid state drives will be deployed within the newest NuVola Private Cloud Platform Solution Appliance - SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu, which also utilizes Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software.
The SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance combines Assurance Storage's ApplicationSmart software with Fujitsu's server hardware, and delivers significant benefits of intelligent, autonomic data cache and tier management used to optimize the performance of I/O intensive applications. Customers using the SAN Velocity appliance gain the benefits of aligning the value of data with the value of OCZ Deneva 2 SSD storage and Assurance Storage's software, to improve performance for a variety of business critical applications such as OLTP, database applications and storage cache management.
"We are excited to partner with both Assurance Storage and Fujitsu to deploy our Deneva 2 solid state drives in their new private cloud appliance," said Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Technology. "As more and more businesses face the ever increasing challenges associated with managing and processing massive amounts of data, our SSD technology is the ideal fit for this exciting tiered storage solution which addresses database and cloud applications head on."
"The Assurance ApplicationSmart software provides the ability to utilize FLASH technologies in tera-scale for fast access of the most frequently read data," said Steve Visconti, President and CEO at Assurance. "With a solution this precise, automated and scalable offers for the first time the ability to design flexible storage architectures better utilizing new technologies such as PCIe NAND Flash and SSDs as an effective Solid State Storage tier."
"The introduction of the SAN Velocity powered by Fujitsu appliance gives our customers a self-optimizing, solid state storage solution that immediately improves application performance in the customer's SAN," said Vic Herring, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, FFNA. "What this means is customers can easily upgrade their outdated storage caching methods of most frequently and recently used blocks to a fully automated, high precision solid state storage appliance purpose built for large enterprise and cloud environments."
OCZ's Deneva 2 SSDs feature a flexible design with a wide range of configurations and maximizes application performance with superior bandwidth, reliability, and energy efficiency, making them the ideal storage option for cutting-edge solution providers in the enterprise space.
Latest News Posts
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- Minecraft creator has 'never felt more isolated' with his $2.5 billion
- Julian Assange urged Edward Snowden to pick Russia over Latin America
- Cyclist has a rather amusing encounter with a Google self-driving car
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20