Taipei, Taiwan, 22ND March, 2012 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the two latest VIA modules in the growing VIA Modular Solutions portfolio, the VIA COMe-8X92 and the VIA QSM-8Q90. The modular design approach allows for short time-to market, application-specific customization, simplified development, high stability and long life cycles allowing customers to rapidly develop new and exciting devices.
Measuring 95mm x 95mm, the VIA COMe-8X92 is based on the industry standard Computer-on-Module (COM) Express Compact form factor, developed and maintained by the PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group). The VIA COMe-8X92 module combines a 1.2GHz VIA NanoTM X2 E-Series dual core processor and the VIA VX900H media system processor (MSP) providing a ruggedized solution targeted at industrial PC and large OEM customers focused on dynamic application segments, including medical, advanced gaming, industrial automation and digital signage.
The VIA QSM-8Q90 module measures just 70mm x 70mm and is based on the new embedded QSevenTM form factor developed to meet the demands of various low-power and mobile applications. Featuring a VIA 1.0GHz VIA Nano E-Series processor and the VIA VX900 MSP, the VIA QSM-8Q90 module is the ideal building block for power constrained handheld application segments, including medical, advanced gaming, military and test and measurement equipment.
In addition with the VIA COMe-8X92 and VIA QSM-8Q90 modules, VIA offers comprehensive starter kits, including a multi-I/O carrier board reference design, (and a 7" LVDS display with the QSM-8Q90), board support packages (BSPs), display, system monitoring tools/SDKs, and design guide, enabling industrial PC and OEM customers to rapidly customize their solutions.
"The modular approach offers Embedded customers the ideal platform for creating highly tailored solutions with a short time to market approach," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA COMe-8X92 and VIA QSM-8Q90 modules further extend the VIA modular solution portfolio offering VIA customers a wider range of options to quickly create optimized products for their target markets."
VIA COMe-8X92 Module
Available in the industry standard COM Express Compact form factor of 95mm x 95mm, the VIA COMe-8X92 module pairs a 1.2GHz VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor and the VIA VX900H MSP, which features the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video engine, boasting hardware acceleration of the most demanding video formats, including MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG-2, VC-1, WMV and Blu-ray support, for incredibly smooth playback of multimedia titles at resolutions up to 1080p. The VIA COMe-8X92 module offers support for the latest connectivity standards including 18/24-bit single-channel LVDS, VGA, Display Port and HDMI.
Onboard I/O includes two SATA II ports, one GigaLAN port, one USB client port (shared with one of four USB 2.0 ports), four USB 2.0 ports, SDIO, expansion buses for one PCIe X4 and one PCIe x1 and the VIA Labs VL800 USB 3.0 host controller which offers support for four USB 3.0 ports. System memory support includes one slot for up to 4GB of SODIMM DDR3 RAM.
For more information about the VIA COMe-8X92 module please visit:
VIA QSM-8Q90 Module
Based on the new QSeven embedded form factor of 70mm x 70mm, the VIA QSM-8Q90 module is available with a 1.0GHz VIA Nano E-Series processor and also integrates the unified VIA VX900 media system processor, featuring the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video engine which boasts hardware acceleration of the most demanding video formats for incredibly smooth playback. On board system memory includes 1GB of DDR3 RAM as well as support for two 1-lane PCIe expansion and an18/24-bit LVDS connector with resolutions up to 1366 x 768.
For more information about the VIA QSM-8Q90 module, please visit:
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance