AMD(NYSE: AMD) today reached a major milestone in the graphics industry with worldwide availability of its full line of next generation AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in less than three months. Starting in December, AMD launched the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, followed in February by the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Seriesand completed today with availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics cards.
"Bringing the first 28nm graphics cards to market in December spurred us to continue pushing the boundaries, product after product, culminating with today's product availability," said Zvika Greenstein, director of product management, GPU Division, AMD. "Look at our feature set: Graphics Core Next, AMD Eyefinity 2.0, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore Power technologies and of course our GHz Edition graphics cards - it is without doubt that AMD stands alone in the graphics industry."
The AMD Radeon HD 7970, the world's fastest and most advanced single GPU,4 unleashed AMD's revolutionary Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture and packed in support for PCI Express® 3.0.1. The momentum continued in January with the arrival of the AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU and in February, with the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, including the first graphics card to ever break the 1 GHz barrier, the AMD Radeon HD 7770. With today's availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, packed with 2GB of GDDR5 memory for serious gaming, AMD is leading the way-unrivaled in providing customers with a full lineup of next-generation graphics cards.
Since the launch cycle began, AMD has received over 200 of the industry's most coveted product review awards and praise from some of industry's leading reviewers. Currently over 60 SKUs of the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series product line featuring custom cooling solutions and overclocked engines are available to customers worldwide
Latest News Posts
- Fractal Design announces its new Define S chassis
- Sony's upcoming Android-powered 4K TVs will launch in May
- Journey to the 'Enchanted Kingdom' in our BBC Blu-ray giveaway
- WB signs massive multi-picture tentpole deal with IMAX through to 2020
- 'Independence Day 2' welcomes back President Whitmore and Dr. Okun
- New Bios version adjusts SIO setting. What is SIO????
- C2550D4I won't boot
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop