AMD(NYSE: AMD) today reached a major milestone in the graphics industry with worldwide availability of its full line of next generation AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in less than three months. Starting in December, AMD launched the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, followed in February by the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Seriesand completed today with availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics cards.
"Bringing the first 28nm graphics cards to market in December spurred us to continue pushing the boundaries, product after product, culminating with today's product availability," said Zvika Greenstein, director of product management, GPU Division, AMD. "Look at our feature set: Graphics Core Next, AMD Eyefinity 2.0, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore Power technologies and of course our GHz Edition graphics cards - it is without doubt that AMD stands alone in the graphics industry."
The AMD Radeon HD 7970, the world's fastest and most advanced single GPU,4 unleashed AMD's revolutionary Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture and packed in support for PCI Express® 3.0.1. The momentum continued in January with the arrival of the AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU and in February, with the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, including the first graphics card to ever break the 1 GHz barrier, the AMD Radeon HD 7770. With today's availability of the AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, packed with 2GB of GDDR5 memory for serious gaming, AMD is leading the way-unrivaled in providing customers with a full lineup of next-generation graphics cards.
Since the launch cycle began, AMD has received over 200 of the industry's most coveted product review awards and praise from some of industry's leading reviewers. Currently over 60 SKUs of the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series product line featuring custom cooling solutions and overclocked engines are available to customers worldwide
Latest News Posts
- Google hit AI breakthrough that could be huge for self-driving cars
- SanDisk unveils huge 200GB microSD card for Android devices
- Concern in rising number of tax-related scams and cybercrime
- Samsung announces new Gear VR for the new Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge official, with 14nm CPU
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop