SAN JOSE, CA - March 12, 2012 - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that Colfax International will deploy OCZ Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSDs into Colfax's new lines of enterprise servers based on Intel's recently announced dual socket Sandy Bridge-EP platform. Providing a compact, power-efficient solid-state solution that fits directly into a system's PCI Express (PCIe) slot, OCZ's Z-Drive R4 dramatically increases server application performance while delivering fast and reliable access to data without burdening host CPU and memory resources. OCZ's combination of high-performance, low latency, and high storage capacity make the Z-Drive R4 ideally suited for the new Colfax Sandy Bridge EP-based servers targeted towards demanding enterprise applications that include cloud computing, server virtualization and consolidation, high-performance computing (HPC), and OnLine Transaction Processing (OLTP).
Colfax's latest servers and workstations are based on the new Intel Xeon E5 2600 EP processors, and enable up to eighty lanes of Gen 3 PCIe throughput. The OCZ Z-Drive R4 SSDs can take full advantage of this expanded I/O capability to significantly increase bandwidth and reduce I/O bottlenecks, which in turn boosts overall system efficiency. With a growing emphasis on cloud computing and big data in the enterprise, the new Colfax CX2230i-X5 2U servers or FX8400 workstations can be configured with up to seven (7) Z-Drive R4 3.2 Terabyte (TB) drives, achieving up to 20 GB/s throughput while enabling 22.4 TBs of total storage capacity. Offering the lowest cost in dollars per gigabyte, OCZ Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSDs consume significantly less power and provide an exceptional reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO) that is required for today's data center.
"We are pleased that Colfax International selected our Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSDs to be deployed in their new enterprise server solutions that utilize the recently announced Intel Sandy Bridge Xeon E5 2600 EP processors," said Kevin Wagner, Vice President of Enterprise Product Management for OCZ Technology. "Our OCZ Z-Drive R4 provides an exceptional combination of maximum storage IO and density while reducing the burden on host resources, resulting in a faster, more efficient solution for data center and cloud applications."
"As part of our evaluation process in selecting a PCIe-based solution to implement in our new enterprise servers, our Fortune 1000 customers need ultimate performance, maximum storage capacity, and a controller architecture that can effectively manage all transactions without disrupting host resources," said Gautam Shah, President of Colfax International. "We found a complete solution in OCZ's Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSDs that not only make it easy for our customers to deploy in their IT infrastructures, but also reduce their overall TCO."
The Z-Drive R4 offers industry-leading performance and software management features for enterprise customers seeking higher transactional speeds and energy efficiency in large scale server deployments, available in both a half height (HH) version for space constrained applications and a full height (FH) version for larger form factor servers and workstations. OCZ's ability to provide a tailored, customized solution and its Virtualized Controller Architecture (VCA) ensures ultimate compatibility, reliability, and cost-savings, resulting in products that are optimized to specifically address the unique needs of enterprise customers.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X