SAN FRANCISCO - March 06, 2012 - Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced the addition of four high-profile games to the Snapdragon® GamePack, which contains more than 100 featured games for Snapdragon-enabled, Android-based smartphones and tablets.
Consumers can access these new titles through Snapdragon GameCommand, which is available for download to most commercial Snapdragon-powered Android devices via the Android Marketplace. Snapdragon GameCommand enables mobile users to quickly discover and download the latest Snapdragon featured, enhanced and exclusive games. It also enables users to organize and launch all their favorite games in one place, and it delivers the latest gaming news from top gaming news sites.
The new games include:
"The Reem" - a mixed martial arts (MMA) game from Khaeon Gamestudio featuring three-time UFC champion Alistair "The Reem" Overeem. "The Reem" will be released in early April exclusively on Snapdragon devices for a year. The game will also use AllJoyn, the proximity-based, peer-to-peer application development framework developed by Qualcomm Innovation Center Inc., taking MMA fighting to a new level.
"Reign of Amira" - a game designed and developed by Qualcomm's in-house gaming studio, where Princess Amira battles her enemies to retain the lost glory of the Desert Kingdom. "Reign of Amira" will showcase the latest graphics and gaming capabilities of the Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and its integrated Adreno® 320 GPU. Adreno 320 enables full utilization of the Snapdragon S4 quad CPUs, with the ability to render advanced gaming effects and higher resolution content faster. The game will be exclusive to Snapdragon devices running on Android and will be available to users for free later this year.
"The Ball" - a highly anticipated game from Tripwire Interactive, which will be released in March 2012. "The Ball" is already popular within the PC space - having won PC Gamer's 2010 Action-Adventure Game of the Year award - and debuts for the first time on mobile via Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3. "The Ball" features Snapdragon's integrated Adreno GPU with high-resolution visuals and will be first available to Snapdragon devices running on Android for six months.
"Virtua Tennis Challenge" - the first mobile version of this popular console game from gaming pioneer SEGA®. The game will be available in March 2012 and is optimized on Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor for the Xperia Play and features some of the next-generation sports play and graphics.
GameCommand is currently available in North America, with plans to introduce the application in other global markets in the coming months.
Qualcomm works closely with developers of the Snapdragon GamePack games to fully maximize the power of Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors and their embedded Adreno GPUs to bring a better gaming experience to mobile users.
Qualcomm will host a Sponsored Developer Day at the Game Developers Conference on March 6 at 10:00 a.m. The day will include insightful sessions and demos on topics such as:
Developing & Optimizing High-end 3D Games for Devices Featuring Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 processor
Moving Your Mobile Games to Smart TVs and Set Top Boxes with Snapdragon
Delivering Your Multiplayer Games on 4G LTE
Raj Talluri will speak as part of a mobile gaming panel on March 7 at 11:00 a.m. in the West Hall. For more information on Qualcomm's Snapdragon gaming initiatives, visit
Latest News Posts
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- Learn how to make Android apps with this course bundle
- ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 teased, to be unveiled very soon
- EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked ACX 3.0 spotted, looks awesome
- ZOTAC's new GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! spotted, a new record breaker?
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition