Taipei, Taiwan-February 29, 2012-Synology¬ģ today announced DiskStation DS1512+, a 5-bay next generation NAS server for delivering high performance and scalability with complete business solutions to small and medium businesses.
"NAS severs today are expected to produce higher levels of reliability and availability. With today's introduction, Synology customers can share and access data on DS1512+ in full confidence and satisfy the productivity, versatility and reliability they demand," said Peter Chen, Product Manager of Synology Inc. Synology DS1512+ features a passive CPU cooling technology and a fan redundancy mechanism of two user-replaceable 80mm fans, thus eliminating a single point of failure and ensure continuous system uptime during malfunction. The dual LAN network failover support allows DS1512+ to sustain the potential of one network discontinuity while maximizing system availability at all times.
Among the first to support the industry's latest 4 TB hard drives, the DS1512+ can easily scales up to 15-bay for 60 TB of maximum storage capacity by leveraging the expansion capabilities of Synology DX510. Equipped with a 2.13 GHz dual core processor with Link Aggregation enabled, the DS1512+ achieves read and write speed at 200.31 MB/sec and 194.83 MB/sec respectively in RAID 5 configuration. With new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, DS1512+ offers fast file transfers up to ten times of USB 2.0. Furthermore, DS1512+ occupies at this level of high performance with efficient energy consumption at 50.6 watts during full operation.
Synology DS1512+ operates on DiskStation Manager 3.2 (DSM 3.2), the operating system of every Synology NAS server. DSM makes complicated things simple and hard things possible by providing versatile features on a snappy, intuitive, and multitasking web-based user interface. DS1511+, the predecessor of DS1512+, has received numerous media recognitions from worldwide that include "Editor's Choice" award from Australia's APC Magazine and "Must Have" award from KitGuru of United Kingdom.
Visit http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=DS1512%2B&lang=enu for more product information.¬≠¬≠¬≠¬≠
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti