Taipei, Taiwan-February 29, 2012-Synology¬ģ today announced DiskStation DS1512+, a 5-bay next generation NAS server for delivering high performance and scalability with complete business solutions to small and medium businesses.
"NAS severs today are expected to produce higher levels of reliability and availability. With today's introduction, Synology customers can share and access data on DS1512+ in full confidence and satisfy the productivity, versatility and reliability they demand," said Peter Chen, Product Manager of Synology Inc. Synology DS1512+ features a passive CPU cooling technology and a fan redundancy mechanism of two user-replaceable 80mm fans, thus eliminating a single point of failure and ensure continuous system uptime during malfunction. The dual LAN network failover support allows DS1512+ to sustain the potential of one network discontinuity while maximizing system availability at all times.
Among the first to support the industry's latest 4 TB hard drives, the DS1512+ can easily scales up to 15-bay for 60 TB of maximum storage capacity by leveraging the expansion capabilities of Synology DX510. Equipped with a 2.13 GHz dual core processor with Link Aggregation enabled, the DS1512+ achieves read and write speed at 200.31 MB/sec and 194.83 MB/sec respectively in RAID 5 configuration. With new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, DS1512+ offers fast file transfers up to ten times of USB 2.0. Furthermore, DS1512+ occupies at this level of high performance with efficient energy consumption at 50.6 watts during full operation.
Synology DS1512+ operates on DiskStation Manager 3.2 (DSM 3.2), the operating system of every Synology NAS server. DSM makes complicated things simple and hard things possible by providing versatile features on a snappy, intuitive, and multitasking web-based user interface. DS1511+, the predecessor of DS1512+, has received numerous media recognitions from worldwide that include "Editor's Choice" award from Australia's APC Magazine and "Must Have" award from KitGuru of United Kingdom.
Visit http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=DS1512%2B&lang=enu for more product information.¬≠¬≠¬≠¬≠
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4