MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, Barcelona, Spainand New Delhi, India, Feb. 27, 2012 - Intel Corporation and Lava International Ltd., one of India's fastest-growing mobile handset companies, announced that the companies are collaborating to launch the XOLO X900 -- India's first smartphone with Intel Inside®. The XOLO X900 from Lava is based on Intel's smartphone reference design featuring the Intel® Atom processor Z2460 with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology and supporting HSPA+ with the Intel XMM 6260 Platform.
Lava is a successful and growing mobile phone brand in the Indian market. In order to bring a high- performance and differentiated smartphones to the market, Lava has collaborated with Intel to introduce its first Intel-based smartphone under the brand XOLO. The XOLO X900 Android smartphone is expected to hit retail shelves in India early in the second quarter this year and will support all major 2G and 3G networks.
"We are proud to partner with Intel on XOLO to bring a superior smartphone computing experience to customers in India," said Vishal Sehgal, co-founder and director, Lava International. "Over the last two and a half years, we have built our business in the feature phone segment where Lava has been the brand of choice for nearly 10 million Indian customers. With XOLO, we intend to now serve the discerning and fast-paced smartphone customer, which is where this collaboration with Intel is critical to us."
"India is one of the fastest-growing smartphone markets with the world's second-largest mobile subscriber base," said Mike Bell, Intel vice president and general manager of the Mobile and Communications Group. "We are pleased to be working with Lava to bring the best of Intel computing to the India market. Lava's XOLO X900 device is a great result of our collaboration. It also demonstrates how innovative and compelling products can be brought to market through strong partnerships by using Intel's smartphone reference design as a foundation."
The XOLO X900 is powered by a super-fast 1.6 Ghz processor and comes equipped with a 4.03-inch high-resolution LCD touch screen for crisp text and vibrant images. The smartphone delivers a fast application, Web browsing and multitasking experience, and also features two cameras for advanced imaging and video capabilities, including burst mode that allows individuals to capture 10 pictures in under a second with 8-megapixel quality. The smartphone also supports HDMI®, NFC and HD video playback.
As service providers roll out 3G services and connect more cities in India, the smartphone market will grow as more people access the Internet from their phones. The smartphone opportunity in India for 2012 stands at 19.1 million units which is a 78 percent growth year-on-year over 2011, according to Deepak Kumar, research director for Telecommunications and Mobile Phones, IDC India.
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20