21st February 2012 - Building on the success of its first Mini PC, hailed as the smallest PC in the world, SAPPHIRE Technology - a world leading manufacturer and supplier of PC graphics cards, mainboards and multimedia solutions has just introduced a new model - the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 based on industry leading APU technology from AMD.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 shares the same slim, stylish outline as the earlier models but delivers increased graphical capability and higher core performance as a result of incorporating the latest E450 APU technology from AMD. At less than half a litre in volume, it is slimmer and smaller than most wireless access points - in fact around the size of a paperback book! Its stylish design and simple pedestal mount make it equally at home next to a TV or a business monitor whilst occupying the minimum of desk or shelf space.
Despite its small size, the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 is a fully featured PC for home, education or business use. In the home, its compact size is a welcome replacement for a bulky traditional PC whether for browsing the internet, children's homework or home office tasks, with many applications accelerated by its state-of-the-art technology. Its HD video capability enables the smooth streaming of video content over HDMI to a TV or monitor and its stylish design is just as at home in the living room as in the study.
For business, the stream processing technology in the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 accelerates Office tasks and many business applications, whilst occupying a fraction of the desk space of a regular PC - and consuming many times less power. In education, it is more than capable of running the multiple applications required, and its small size allows easy transfer to different locations as needed. In both cases the built in networking by cable or wireless is easily configured, and inclusion of the socket for a Kensington lock ensures security against unauthorized removal.
The casual gamer will find delight in the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3, which takes most mainstream games in its stride, as well as internet and more serious applications. It is easily carried to share experiences with friends and can be quickly set up with TV or monitor. Even the more hardcore LAN party visitors will find the easily portable EDGE-HD3 a useful weapon in their armoury.
Specifications of the SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 include an AMD E450 APU, 4GB of DDR3 memory, a 320GB hard drive and built in wireless connectivity as well as high speed LAN port, two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports. It provides high resolution graphics output with a full HD (1920x1080) HDMI interface (with an HDMI cable and HDMI-DVI adapter also supplied) as well as a VGA monitor output and it has built-in audio with mic-in and line-out sockets.
The SAPPHIRE Mini PC family is a top scorer in power efficiency. Consuming less than 30W even under load, the members of the SAPPHIRE Mini PC family use around 10 times less power than a typical desktop PC - and less than most notebooks - making it one of the Greenest PC solutions available. Power and space savings alone can justify switching to the Mini PC for many businesses.
The SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 Mini PC is ideal for integration into an office or education environment. The end user or system integrator has a free choice of keyboard or mouse, which can be either wireless or USB connected.
The new SAPPHIRE EDGE-HD3 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista or Windows XP. All appropriate drivers are supplied on CD.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'