NORFOLK ISLAND, 17 February, 2012 - Panasonic has announced its latest offering in the entry-level S Series of LUMIX cameras, the 14.1-megapixel DMC-S2. The camera is designed to offer the ultimate ease of operation while not compromising on image quality or features.
With high-definition 720p movie recording, MEGA O.I.S, a 28mm wide angle 4x optical zoom LUMIX DC Vario lens[xiii], Sonic Speed AF, Intelligent Auto (iA), plus Panorama Shot and Auto Retouch shooting effects, even beginners can capture beautiful photos and movies with ease.
The DMC-S2 is available in pink or black, with a lens barrel that is colour co-ordinated with the camera body. The curved design fits comfortably in the palm of your hand.
LUMIX Image Uploader allows direct, instant image sharing via social networking sites Facebook© and YouTube with any PC.
Ms Aki Yamamoto, Product Manager - LUMIX, Panasonic Australia, said: "The S2 merges essential functions and enhanced performance features into a simple and stylish design, making it an appropriate camera for users with any level of photography skills."
Featuring the new Panorama Mode, the LUMIX DMC-S2 allows users to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by overlaying consecutive shots - an excellent feature for architecture, landscapes or large group shooting. The new Auto Retouch mode adjusts contrast and brightness with the press of a button if you want to improve the photo you just took.
The new camera offers Sonic Speed AF for fast and accurate AF performance, allowing users to quickly focus on moving subjects when shooting sports and other fast motion scenes.
With Panasonic's popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode, the LUMIX DMC-S2 allows users to easily activate a suite of technologies that engage automatically - with no setting changes needed for beautiful, natural shots. In addition to MEGA O.I.S, iA also includes Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Face Detection. For video shooting, the camera features dynamic 1280 x 720p HD video recording capabilities.
LUMIX DMC-S2 RRP $129 Available April 2012
Black and pink
Included accessories: Battery charger, battery pack, AC adaptor, USB cable, hand strap, CD-ROM with PHOTOfunSTUDIO software.
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series