NORFOLK ISLAND, 17 February, 2012 - Panasonic has introduced the new LUMIX DMC-FT20, with enhanced rugged features for the active outdoor user.
The 16.1-megapixel DMC-FT20 adds to the tough capabilities of its predecessor, the popular DMC-FT10. It is now waterproof to 5m, and freezeproof to -10º Celsius, in addition to being shockproof to 1.5m and dustproof.
This slim camera is designed to handle an array of shooting situations on land and in water. Thanks to rubber padding and reinforced glass and carbon resins inside the camera, the DMC-FT20 features an airtight body protected against water immersion, dust and sand.
The DMC-FT20's waterproof and dustproof capabilities comply with the 'IPX8' and 'IPX6' ratings and it is drop proof from a height up to 1.5m in accordance with the 'MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock' test standard. The lens unit is protected by a supplementary damper to absorb the force from shock impact.
The DMC-FT20 features a newly developed 25mm ultra wide angle 4x optical zoom LUMIX lens with folded optics to ensure toughness. The lens is comprised of 11 elements and a prism unit in 10 groups, including an ED lens and 5 aspherical lenses with 9 aspherical surfaces. The camera has a 2.7-inch LCD.
The DMC-FT20's 4x optical zoom is available for both still shots and High Definition (HD) recording.
Photographers have plenty of scope for their creativity, with modes including Miniature Effect[vi] to create the look of a diorama; Panorama Shot, which captures both horizontal and vertical panoramic images; and Auto Retouch, which at a press of a button adjusts contrast and brightness if you want to improve the photo you just took.
The DMC-FT20 now records HD movies in 1280 x 720p at a smooth 25p in MP4 format[vii], for high compatibility with PCs or smartphones for easy sharing. A dedicated video button lets you switch between photo and video recording easily, and the newly-added MEGA O.I.S with Active Mode minimises handshake while recording.
Ms Aki Yamamoto, Product Manager - LUMIX - Panasonic Australia, said: "The DMC-FT20 is your ideal everyday rugged camera for active Australian families. Carry it every day to capture sports or weekend trips; as well as taking it on that beach or outback holiday."
Panasonic's Intelligent Auto (iA) makes taking those hard to get shots even easier, with a host of shooting-assist features including MEGA O.I.S, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure.
In addition, LUMIX Image Uploader allows instant image and movie sharing via Facebook© or YouTube with any PC.
LUMIX DMC-FT20 RRP $299 Available April 2012
Black, red, blue and orange
Included accessories: Battery charger, battery pack, AV cable, USB cable, hand strap, CD-ROM with PHOTOfunSTUDIO software.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio