NORFOLK ISLAND, 17 February, 2012 - Panasonic has introduced the new LUMIX DMC-FT20, with enhanced rugged features for the active outdoor user.
The 16.1-megapixel DMC-FT20 adds to the tough capabilities of its predecessor, the popular DMC-FT10. It is now waterproof to 5m, and freezeproof to -10º Celsius, in addition to being shockproof to 1.5m and dustproof.
This slim camera is designed to handle an array of shooting situations on land and in water. Thanks to rubber padding and reinforced glass and carbon resins inside the camera, the DMC-FT20 features an airtight body protected against water immersion, dust and sand.
The DMC-FT20's waterproof and dustproof capabilities comply with the 'IPX8' and 'IPX6' ratings and it is drop proof from a height up to 1.5m in accordance with the 'MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock' test standard. The lens unit is protected by a supplementary damper to absorb the force from shock impact.
The DMC-FT20 features a newly developed 25mm ultra wide angle 4x optical zoom LUMIX lens with folded optics to ensure toughness. The lens is comprised of 11 elements and a prism unit in 10 groups, including an ED lens and 5 aspherical lenses with 9 aspherical surfaces. The camera has a 2.7-inch LCD.
The DMC-FT20's 4x optical zoom is available for both still shots and High Definition (HD) recording.
Photographers have plenty of scope for their creativity, with modes including Miniature Effect[vi] to create the look of a diorama; Panorama Shot, which captures both horizontal and vertical panoramic images; and Auto Retouch, which at a press of a button adjusts contrast and brightness if you want to improve the photo you just took.
The DMC-FT20 now records HD movies in 1280 x 720p at a smooth 25p in MP4 format[vii], for high compatibility with PCs or smartphones for easy sharing. A dedicated video button lets you switch between photo and video recording easily, and the newly-added MEGA O.I.S with Active Mode minimises handshake while recording.
Ms Aki Yamamoto, Product Manager - LUMIX - Panasonic Australia, said: "The DMC-FT20 is your ideal everyday rugged camera for active Australian families. Carry it every day to capture sports or weekend trips; as well as taking it on that beach or outback holiday."
Panasonic's Intelligent Auto (iA) makes taking those hard to get shots even easier, with a host of shooting-assist features including MEGA O.I.S, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure.
In addition, LUMIX Image Uploader allows instant image and movie sharing via Facebook© or YouTube with any PC.
LUMIX DMC-FT20 RRP $299 Available April 2012
Black, red, blue and orange
Included accessories: Battery charger, battery pack, AV cable, USB cable, hand strap, CD-ROM with PHOTOfunSTUDIO software.
Latest News Posts
- One interesting marketing video - MSI shows you how to build a PC
- Fitbit not intimidated by upcoming Apple Watch smartwatch launch
- ESL brags 8.78 million unique viewers on Twitch.TV over Katowice event
- Computer coding class takes off at infamous San Quentin prison
- Telstra offers updated plans with TV-streaming trials, not Netflix
- GIGABYTE BRIX BXi7H-5500 Ultra Compact Mini PC Review
- P8Z77-V deluxe stopping at Hex 62
- (LAN) Z68 extreme3 Gen3
- Asrock n68c-s UCC RAM problem
- X99 G1 Wifi - Updated BIOS and can't get Intel RST to work
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi