Macronix International Co., Ltd., a world leading supplier in NOR Flash memory, today formally launches the first generation Single-Level Cell (SLC) NAND Flash family, the MX30LF family. An extension of Macronix's existing Serial and Parallel NOR Flash product portfolio, the new MX30LF SLC NAND family will facilitate Macronix serving embedded code and data storage markets as a total Flash memory provider.
As a leader in embedded non-volatile memories, Macronix fulfills the memory requirements of these applications ranging from consumer electronic applications like set-top box (STB), TV, digital cameras, Customer-premises equipment(CPE) and high end networking, through to industrial PC and automotive applications. Macronix has begun sampling SLC NAND products and will start trial production in 2012 Q1.
"Broadcom is committed to high performance and highly integrated broadband CPE solutions. We are pleased to see Macronix launch its latest NAND Flash product family, offering the NAND Flash densities required by system vendors and service providers," said Dr. John Liberati, Senior Principal Scientist, Broadcom Corporation.
"Along with process technology advancements to 1x nm, NAND suppliers today focus their attention on MLC/TLC NAND developments. In comparison, Macronix chooses the SLC NAND to facilitate the niche market supply needs and stability," commented Michael Yang, Principle Analyst at IHS iSuppli Corporation, "a strategy that enhances the company's current position in the embedded applications."
Manufactured and developed by Macronix in-house technology, the new MX30LF family consists of two products, MX30LF1208AA and MX30LF1G08AA, of 512 Mb and 1 Gb density respectively. Both products utilize a more reliable 75 nm floating gate technology which makes them ideal devices for embedded applications demanding higher quality and reliability. The company is committed to providing longevity for product support with the advantage of its own fabs.
Main features of the 512 Mb and 1 Gb of MX30LF SLC NAND Flash products as below:
- Organization: x8
- ECC requirement: 1-bit/(512B+16B)
- Page size: 2 KB + 64 B
- Block size: 128 KB + 4 KB
- Cache program: 2 KB + 64 B
- Wide operating voltage range: 2.7-3.6V
- Industrial temperature range: -40C to +85C
- P/E Endurance: 100K
- Random access: 25us (max.)
- Sequential read: 30 ns (min.)
- Page program: 300 us (typ.)
- Block erase time: 2 ms (typ.)
- ICC read/program/erase: 30 mA (max.)
- Standby current: 50 uA (max.)
Latest News Posts
- Want realistic 3D? Microsoft HoloLens should be able to deliver
- Master Ethical Hacking - Save Over 90% On 6 In-Depth Courses
- G.SKILL announces two 'major extreme' OC events for Computex next week
- 48GB worth of Star Citizen assets leak online, swiftly removed
- Telemarketers and refs, lookout... robots coming for your jobs
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications