Macronix International Co., Ltd., a world leading supplier in NOR Flash memory, today formally launches the first generation Single-Level Cell (SLC) NAND Flash family, the MX30LF family. An extension of Macronix's existing Serial and Parallel NOR Flash product portfolio, the new MX30LF SLC NAND family will facilitate Macronix serving embedded code and data storage markets as a total Flash memory provider.
As a leader in embedded non-volatile memories, Macronix fulfills the memory requirements of these applications ranging from consumer electronic applications like set-top box (STB), TV, digital cameras, Customer-premises equipment(CPE) and high end networking, through to industrial PC and automotive applications. Macronix has begun sampling SLC NAND products and will start trial production in 2012 Q1.
"Broadcom is committed to high performance and highly integrated broadband CPE solutions. We are pleased to see Macronix launch its latest NAND Flash product family, offering the NAND Flash densities required by system vendors and service providers," said Dr. John Liberati, Senior Principal Scientist, Broadcom Corporation.
"Along with process technology advancements to 1x nm, NAND suppliers today focus their attention on MLC/TLC NAND developments. In comparison, Macronix chooses the SLC NAND to facilitate the niche market supply needs and stability," commented Michael Yang, Principle Analyst at IHS iSuppli Corporation, "a strategy that enhances the company's current position in the embedded applications."
Manufactured and developed by Macronix in-house technology, the new MX30LF family consists of two products, MX30LF1208AA and MX30LF1G08AA, of 512 Mb and 1 Gb density respectively. Both products utilize a more reliable 75 nm floating gate technology which makes them ideal devices for embedded applications demanding higher quality and reliability. The company is committed to providing longevity for product support with the advantage of its own fabs.
Main features of the 512 Mb and 1 Gb of MX30LF SLC NAND Flash products as below:
- Organization: x8
- ECC requirement: 1-bit/(512B+16B)
- Page size: 2 KB + 64 B
- Block size: 128 KB + 4 KB
- Cache program: 2 KB + 64 B
- Wide operating voltage range: 2.7-3.6V
- Industrial temperature range: -40C to +85C
- P/E Endurance: 100K
- Random access: 25us (max.)
- Sequential read: 30 ns (min.)
- Page program: 300 us (typ.)
- Block erase time: 2 ms (typ.)
- ICC read/program/erase: 30 mA (max.)
- Standby current: 50 uA (max.)
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds hits 7 million players, 617K concurrent
- Galaxy Note9 might be able to tell if you're drunk
- The Note8 looks stunning in the new Deep Sea Blue color
- Mario Kart and VR is a match made in heaven
- IBM's new magnetic tape stores 330TB of data
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes