IPC and JEDEC have released the C revision of IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033, Handling, Packing, Shipping and Use of Moisture/Reflow and/or Process Sensitive Components. With an expanded scope, the document now covers the handling, packing and shipping of non-IC electronic components that have been classified per EIA/IPC/JEDEC J-STD-075, Classification of Non-IC Electronic Components for Assembly Processes. J-STD-033C effectively provides guidance for this category of electronic components that has not been covered by any standard in the past.
IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033C provides surface mount device (SMD) manufacturers and users with standardized methods for handling, packing, shipping and use of moisture/reflow sensitive SMDs. These methods help avoid damage from moisture absorption and exposure to solder reflow temperatures that can result in yield and reliability degradation. Use of the standard helps achieve safe and damage-free reflow with the dry-packing process and provides a minimum shelf life of 12 months from the seal date when using sealed dry bags.
In addition to its expanded scope, the C revision contains a correction made to the desiccant calculation and an allowance for less use of desiccant for MSL2 parts, if desired.
To help users understand the importance of moisture-barrier bags (MBBs) for maintaining the shelf life of packaged ICs and non-ICs, J-STD-033C includes diagrams of recommended, not recommended and acceptable MBB air evacuation.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017