AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Just six weeks after launching one of the most anticipated videogames of all time, BioWareÂ™, a Label of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA), is continuing to set new standards in online games with Star WarsÂ™: The Old RepublicÂ™. Already the fastest growing subscription MMO ever, Star Wars: The Old Republic has sold over 2 million copies, with a thriving base of over 1.7 million active subscribers, as gamers around the world have immersed themselves in the story-driven, online Star Wars universe from BioWare and LucasArts. Helping drive The Old Republic's early success has been the quality and reliability of the game's service, with servers being available for more than 99.5% of the time outside of scheduled maintenance. BioWare has also delivered on the promise of continually adding new content by releasing Rise of the Rakghouls, which added new, higher level group content, less than 30 days after launch. The next game update, featuring even more content, new game systems and additional guild features, is scheduled to be released in Spring 2012.
"We're truly honored and humbled by the incredibly strong support from our players who are enjoying Star Wars: The Old Republic," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder of BioWare and General Manager of EA's BioWare Label. "Our entire team worked very hard over the holidays to deliver a smooth experience at launch, and the resulting response to the game from our fans and critics has been exceptionally gratifying."
Added Dr. Greg Zeschuk, Co-Founder of BioWare and General Manager of the BioWare MMO Business Unit: "But we're not resting! We're actively listening to our community for ongoing feedback to help us ensure the game and service continue to improve, and we're working to deliver spectacular new high quality content on a regular cadence going forward."
Player engagement for Star Wars: The Old Republic has not slowed since launch, as the community achieved the following incredible gameplay milestones in just over one month since launch:
Over 239 million in-game hours, or over 332,000 months and over 27,000 years of in-game time
Over 20 billion NPCs killed
Over 148 billion credits spent
Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of the most critically acclaimed MMOs of all time, having won MSNBC's "Game of the Year" award, "Editor's Choice" awards from IGN, PC Gamer and "Best MMO of 2011" awards from Game Informer, Gamespy.com, Massively, Ten Ton Hammer and more. The game is set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars movies, with the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire locked in the middle of an epic, galactic war. Players choose one of eight iconic Star Wars character classes, including the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler, Trooper, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent, becoming the hero or villain of their own personal Star Wars saga.
Included with the purchase of every copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic is 30 days of access to the game, after which players can continue to play through subscribing* at either $14.99 per month, $41.97 for 3 months ($13.99 per month), or $77.94 for six months ($12.99 per month).
For more information on Star Wars: The Old Republic, please visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, follow the game on Twitter at http://twitter.com/swtor or "Like" Star Wars: The Old Republic on Facebook at http://facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic.
*Subscription pricing in the United Kingdom will be Â£8.99 per month, Â£25.17 for three months (Â£8.39 per month) or Â£46.14 for six months (Â£7.69 per month). Subscription pricing in Europe will be Â€12.99 per month, Â€35.97 for three months (Â€11.99 per month) or Â€65.94 for six months (Â€10.99 per month).
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni