mirasol Display Capabilities Add Color and Interactivity to Improve User Experience for Renowned Jin Yong Branded Device
Qualcomm MEMS Technologies Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), and Koobe, Inc., a leading provider of e-reader solutions to the Taiwan market, today announced the next-generation Jin Yong Reader featuring mirasol® display technology at the Taipei International Book Fair, site of the original black and white Jin Yong Reader's first unveiling two years ago. Building on the success of the initial device, the next-generation Jin Yong Reader's use of mirasol display technology will deliver an improved customer reading experience, interactive touch screen capabilities, visibility even in bright sunlight and weeks of reading under typical usage.*
"With Taiwan as home to Qualcomm MEMS Technologies' growing manufacturing base, it is significant for its consumers to experience the unmatched performance benefits of mirasol displays," said Clarence Chui, senior vice president and general manager of Qualcomm MEMS Technologies, Inc. "Koobe's next-generation Jin Yong Reader further demonstrates a growing global preference for e-readers that can display a variety of color and interactive content even in bright sunlight."
The next-generation Jin Yong Reader, named after China's best-selling living author, comes preloaded with Jin Yong's acclaimed 15 novel set (compiled in 36 volumes) and includes access to Koobe's content libraries, which feature thousands of novels, comics, interactive e-books, animated picture books and magazines.
"Users of the Jin Yong Reader have come to expect a compelling reading experience in terms of both content and functionality," said Simon Hsu, general manager of Koobe, Inc. "By incorporating mirasol displays into this advanced version, we will offer our customers a new and compelling experience by adding color and interactive content without sacrificing outdoor visibility and battery life."
The Jin Yong Reader features a 5.7" XGA format (1024 × 768 pixels) mirasol display (screen resolution of 223 ppi) and Qualcomm's 1.0 GHz Snapdragon S2 processor. Koobe's custom application interface sits atop an Android 2.3 base.
* Battery life varies depending on usage and ambient light. Battery life based upon 30 minutes of daily reading time with Wi-Fi off and average integrated reading light brightness of 22 percent.
Latest News Posts
- Air Force's mysterious X-37B will have another test flight next month
- Stephen Hawking says mankind needs to leave Earth to survive
- Best Buy warms up to Apple Pay, even with allegiance to CurrentC
- Korean researchers create wearable thermoelectric generator tech
- Konami confirms Kojima's Silent Hills video game has been terminated
- Strontium Nitro Plus 64GB OTG Pen Drive for Android Review
- ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Barebones Server Review
- Bios f7 z97-ud5h-bk
- Spam report
- Gigabyte EP45-DS3P + Xeon 5450 overclock help please
- Eurocom Launches 13.3-inch M4 Ultraportable
- Cryorig Announces the H5 Ultimate CPU Cooler
- PNY Announces the HP x755w USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis