Cloud products and services were in abundance at International CES 2012, due to the increasing demand for easy to use, flexible, and high availability solutions for accessing information. In three separate reports, Strategy Analytics covers global cloud services, with detailed forecasts and analysis of opportunities and challenges in this rapidly expanding market, including:
Software as a Service (SaaS);
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and
Platform as a Service (PaaS).
The Strategy Analytics Extended Enterprise Software Strategies (EESS) service report, "Global Cloud Computing Services Forecast and Analysis: Software, Infrastructure and Platform Development as a Service Move to the Mainstream," shows that cloud services have achieved mainstream status, as demonstrated by the proliferation and diversity of cloud offerings. Additionally, significant expenditure for cloud based services is expected to grow from $31 Billion in 2011 to $82 Billion by 2016.
Andrew Brown, Director, Enterprise Practice, says, "With demonstrated cost savings and diminished security fears, all three types of cloud services-SaaS, IaaS and PaaS-are growing rapidly due to cloud computing's cost saving opportunities and diminished security concerns. Cloud computing offers compelling alternatives to CEOs, CFOs and operations managers who are reviewing IT and data center budgets."
Co-author, Sue Rudd, Director, Service Provider Analysis, notes, "Mobile operators now have an opening to generate significant revenue through offers of more secure road warrior applications. Proprietary corporate information-long vulnerable to security breaches because of lost smartphones and mobile PCs-will be less vulnerable with appropriate cloud programs. By hosting mobile applications in the cloud, mobile operators can help CIOs increase security and return wireless applications back under IT control."
Cloud Computing Forecast and Analysis;
A complimentary summary of the Forecast and Analysis;
Cloud computing opportunities for mobile operators.
Latest News Posts
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- Infinite Warfare is Call of Duty's first interplanetary space odyssey
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched