Cloud products and services were in abundance at International CES 2012, due to the increasing demand for easy to use, flexible, and high availability solutions for accessing information. In three separate reports, Strategy Analytics covers global cloud services, with detailed forecasts and analysis of opportunities and challenges in this rapidly expanding market, including:
Software as a Service (SaaS);
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and
Platform as a Service (PaaS).
The Strategy Analytics Extended Enterprise Software Strategies (EESS) service report, "Global Cloud Computing Services Forecast and Analysis: Software, Infrastructure and Platform Development as a Service Move to the Mainstream," shows that cloud services have achieved mainstream status, as demonstrated by the proliferation and diversity of cloud offerings. Additionally, significant expenditure for cloud based services is expected to grow from $31 Billion in 2011 to $82 Billion by 2016.
Andrew Brown, Director, Enterprise Practice, says, "With demonstrated cost savings and diminished security fears, all three types of cloud services-SaaS, IaaS and PaaS-are growing rapidly due to cloud computing's cost saving opportunities and diminished security concerns. Cloud computing offers compelling alternatives to CEOs, CFOs and operations managers who are reviewing IT and data center budgets."
Co-author, Sue Rudd, Director, Service Provider Analysis, notes, "Mobile operators now have an opening to generate significant revenue through offers of more secure road warrior applications. Proprietary corporate information-long vulnerable to security breaches because of lost smartphones and mobile PCs-will be less vulnerable with appropriate cloud programs. By hosting mobile applications in the cloud, mobile operators can help CIOs increase security and return wireless applications back under IT control."
Cloud Computing Forecast and Analysis;
A complimentary summary of the Forecast and Analysis;
Cloud computing opportunities for mobile operators.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller