Cloud products and services were in abundance at International CES 2012, due to the increasing demand for easy to use, flexible, and high availability solutions for accessing information. In three separate reports, Strategy Analytics covers global cloud services, with detailed forecasts and analysis of opportunities and challenges in this rapidly expanding market, including:
Software as a Service (SaaS);
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and
Platform as a Service (PaaS).
The Strategy Analytics Extended Enterprise Software Strategies (EESS) service report, "Global Cloud Computing Services Forecast and Analysis: Software, Infrastructure and Platform Development as a Service Move to the Mainstream," shows that cloud services have achieved mainstream status, as demonstrated by the proliferation and diversity of cloud offerings. Additionally, significant expenditure for cloud based services is expected to grow from $31 Billion in 2011 to $82 Billion by 2016.
Andrew Brown, Director, Enterprise Practice, says, "With demonstrated cost savings and diminished security fears, all three types of cloud services-SaaS, IaaS and PaaS-are growing rapidly due to cloud computing's cost saving opportunities and diminished security concerns. Cloud computing offers compelling alternatives to CEOs, CFOs and operations managers who are reviewing IT and data center budgets."
Co-author, Sue Rudd, Director, Service Provider Analysis, notes, "Mobile operators now have an opening to generate significant revenue through offers of more secure road warrior applications. Proprietary corporate information-long vulnerable to security breaches because of lost smartphones and mobile PCs-will be less vulnerable with appropriate cloud programs. By hosting mobile applications in the cloud, mobile operators can help CIOs increase security and return wireless applications back under IT control."
Cloud Computing Forecast and Analysis;
A complimentary summary of the Forecast and Analysis;
Cloud computing opportunities for mobile operators.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook fugitive troll finds himself in prison
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for May 5, 2015
- See Samuel L. Jackson kick ass as POTUS in 'Big Game'
- OSVR headset updated, now features 1080p OLED display and much more
- EA shuts down Maxis, the developer behind SimCity
- Noontec Zoro II HD Foldable Headphones Review
- AC Power
- MSI X99S-MPower (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 - F5c BIOS
- Asrock z97 Extreme4 mic + pci-e x1 problem
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams