Cloud products and services were in abundance at International CES 2012, due to the increasing demand for easy to use, flexible, and high availability solutions for accessing information. In three separate reports, Strategy Analytics covers global cloud services, with detailed forecasts and analysis of opportunities and challenges in this rapidly expanding market, including:
Software as a Service (SaaS);
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and
Platform as a Service (PaaS).
The Strategy Analytics Extended Enterprise Software Strategies (EESS) service report, "Global Cloud Computing Services Forecast and Analysis: Software, Infrastructure and Platform Development as a Service Move to the Mainstream," shows that cloud services have achieved mainstream status, as demonstrated by the proliferation and diversity of cloud offerings. Additionally, significant expenditure for cloud based services is expected to grow from $31 Billion in 2011 to $82 Billion by 2016.
Andrew Brown, Director, Enterprise Practice, says, "With demonstrated cost savings and diminished security fears, all three types of cloud services-SaaS, IaaS and PaaS-are growing rapidly due to cloud computing's cost saving opportunities and diminished security concerns. Cloud computing offers compelling alternatives to CEOs, CFOs and operations managers who are reviewing IT and data center budgets."
Co-author, Sue Rudd, Director, Service Provider Analysis, notes, "Mobile operators now have an opening to generate significant revenue through offers of more secure road warrior applications. Proprietary corporate information-long vulnerable to security breaches because of lost smartphones and mobile PCs-will be less vulnerable with appropriate cloud programs. By hosting mobile applications in the cloud, mobile operators can help CIOs increase security and return wireless applications back under IT control."
Cloud Computing Forecast and Analysis;
A complimentary summary of the Forecast and Analysis;
Cloud computing opportunities for mobile operators.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99