(BitFenix Design Lab, January 20, 2012) - Since its release in April 2011, the BitFenix Shinobi has proven to be our most popular chassis design yet. Today, BitFenix is proud to introduce a bigger and badder follow up to this classic design - Shinobi XL. Packing XL-ATX compatibility, superior flexibility, and an all-new SuperCharge port, Shinobi XL is a deadly new entry in the full tower segment.
"Since the introduction of our original Shinobi, fans have been writing in and posting in forums asking for a larger version," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "Boasting all new features and nearly limitless flexibility for modders and water cooling enthusiasts alike, Shinobi XL is a lot more than just a size update - it's a complete revamp."
On the outside, Shinobi XL borrows the same battle-proven design that has made Shinobi a classic. Everything from the meshed fan vents and brushed aluminum logo to the signature BitFenix SofTouch surface treatment is faithfully reproduced. But one step closer reveals an entirely different warrior. Like its name suggests, Shinobi XL can accommodate XL-ATX motherboards with nine PCI slots for even the most extreme setups. On top, users are treated to four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, as well as a new innovation - the BitFenix SuperCharge port. This port is specifically designed for charging mobile devices, offering up to 2.5A of current for fast charging.
The stealthiest warriors need to have ice running through their veins, which is why Shinobi XL is designed with water cooling in mind. Inside, users will find the BitFenix FlexCage hard disk rack which can be either rotated or removed entirely for optimum flexibility. Once removed, Shinobi XL can accommodate a host of water cooling equipment, including a 360mm radiator on top, a 360mm radiator in front, or a 240mm radiator on the bottom right out of the box. If air cooling is more your speed, Shinobi XL has you covered with two 230mm and one 120mm BitFenix Spectre fan included. Multiple fan locations are also built in, allowing users to outfit Shinobi XL with up to three 230mm, one 140mm, or nine 120mm fans for keeping your components cool in any situation.
Working with your system should be a no-nonsense affair, so Shinobi XL comes with an assortment of friendly features to get you off the workbench and into battle as quickly as possible. Tool-free drive locking mechanisms make it easy to secure your drives, while a large CPU cooler cutout allows users to swap out CPU coolers without removing the motherboard. Shinobi XL offers a bevy of cable management features including over 3cm of space behind the motherboard tray, and rubber grommets to protect your cables and reduce air turbulence inside the chassis. Removable dust filters on all air intakes make cleanup a breeze and anti-vibration pads help absorb vibrations from the power supply. To top things off, the included 5.25" drive bay adapter allows you to install additional hard disks, SSDs, or card readers, making Shinobi XL a dream to work with.
BitFenix Shinobi XL will be available on store shelves beginning March 2012 with an estimated MSRP of 139 (incl. 19% VAT) in the EU and $149 in North America.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now