From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced Trend MicroÂ™ Mobile Security Personal Edition is now available in Verizon Apps on select Verizon Wireless AndroidÂ™ devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Verizon Wireless AndroidÂ™ devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition for Android addresses a need for cyber security on mobile devices and offers an easy solution for Verizon Wireless customers to help keep personal information on their Android devices safe.
After downloading the app, customers can take advantage of key features, including an app scanner, lost device protection and enhanced security to block threats as well as inappropriate content while surfing the Web, calling or texting.
"Smartphones are a key form of communication today and contain the type of irreplaceable personal information hackers find most valuable. This is why we're excited to be able to offer Verizon Wireless' customers an application that can protect their personal information, keep their kids safe online and help recover a lost device," said Carol Carpenter, general manager, Consumer Division at Trend Micro.
Verizon Wireless' mobile storefront, Verizon Apps (formerly V CAST Apps), is available on select smartphones and delivers thousands of apps and games to Verizon Wireless customers. Powered by the Verizon Developer Community (VDC), Verizon Apps enables customers to discover, purchase and use apps with a simple process and offers the ease and convenience of direct billing - apps purchased are invoiced on customers' monthly bills.
Customers can download Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition from Verizon Apps in the Utilities category. Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition offers Verizon Wireless customers anti-malware app scanning for free with premium features available for a $2.50 monthly subscription or $30 per year on a number of popular Verizon Wireless 3G devices, including DROID Incredible 2 by HTC, DROID X2 by Motorola, CASIOÂ® G'zOneÂ® Commando, and on several 4G LTE smartphones, including ThunderBoltÂ™ by HTC, RevolutionÂ™ by LG and DROID Charge by Samsung. Data charges may apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications.
Latest News Posts
- Elite Dangerous exceeds 2.75 million copies sold
- Bethesda hiring spree probably isn't for Elder Scrolls 6
- Galaxy Note 4 batteries recalled due to fire risk
- Xbox One X pre-orders to go live this Sunday
- Apple expected to spend $1 billion on shows
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes