From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced Trend MicroÂ™ Mobile Security Personal Edition is now available in Verizon Apps on select Verizon Wireless AndroidÂ™ devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Verizon Wireless AndroidÂ™ devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition for Android addresses a need for cyber security on mobile devices and offers an easy solution for Verizon Wireless customers to help keep personal information on their Android devices safe.
After downloading the app, customers can take advantage of key features, including an app scanner, lost device protection and enhanced security to block threats as well as inappropriate content while surfing the Web, calling or texting.
"Smartphones are a key form of communication today and contain the type of irreplaceable personal information hackers find most valuable. This is why we're excited to be able to offer Verizon Wireless' customers an application that can protect their personal information, keep their kids safe online and help recover a lost device," said Carol Carpenter, general manager, Consumer Division at Trend Micro.
Verizon Wireless' mobile storefront, Verizon Apps (formerly V CAST Apps), is available on select smartphones and delivers thousands of apps and games to Verizon Wireless customers. Powered by the Verizon Developer Community (VDC), Verizon Apps enables customers to discover, purchase and use apps with a simple process and offers the ease and convenience of direct billing - apps purchased are invoiced on customers' monthly bills.
Customers can download Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition from Verizon Apps in the Utilities category. Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition offers Verizon Wireless customers anti-malware app scanning for free with premium features available for a $2.50 monthly subscription or $30 per year on a number of popular Verizon Wireless 3G devices, including DROID Incredible 2 by HTC, DROID X2 by Motorola, CASIOÂ® G'zOneÂ® Commando, and on several 4G LTE smartphones, including ThunderBoltÂ™ by HTC, RevolutionÂ™ by LG and DROID Charge by Samsung. Data charges may apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD