From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition is now available in Verizon Apps on select Verizon Wireless Android devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Verizon Wireless Android devices. The app will be demonstrated at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259) throughout the show.
Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition for Android addresses a need for cyber security on mobile devices and offers an easy solution for Verizon Wireless customers to help keep personal information on their Android devices safe.
After downloading the app, customers can take advantage of key features, including an app scanner, lost device protection and enhanced security to block threats as well as inappropriate content while surfing the Web, calling or texting.
"Smartphones are a key form of communication today and contain the type of irreplaceable personal information hackers find most valuable. This is why we're excited to be able to offer Verizon Wireless' customers an application that can protect their personal information, keep their kids safe online and help recover a lost device," said Carol Carpenter, general manager, Consumer Division at Trend Micro.
Verizon Wireless' mobile storefront, Verizon Apps (formerly V CAST Apps), is available on select smartphones and delivers thousands of apps and games to Verizon Wireless customers. Powered by the Verizon Developer Community (VDC), Verizon Apps enables customers to discover, purchase and use apps with a simple process and offers the ease and convenience of direct billing - apps purchased are invoiced on customers' monthly bills.
Customers can download Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition from Verizon Apps in the Utilities category. Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition offers Verizon Wireless customers anti-malware app scanning for free with premium features available for a $2.50 monthly subscription or $30 per year on a number of popular Verizon Wireless 3G devices, including DROID Incredible 2 by HTC, DROID X2 by Motorola, CASIO® G'zOne® Commando, and on several 4G LTE smartphones, including ThunderBolt by HTC, Revolution by LG and DROID Charge by Samsung. Data charges may apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines