GALAXY Nexus, the world's first smartphone powered by Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, is available tomorrow for Rogers, Fido and TELUS and coming soon to SaskTel, Mobilicity, WIND Mobile and Videotron networks. This highly anticipated smartphone, developed by Samsung and Google, features a 4.65" HD Super AMOLED display technology at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor.
"Samsung and Google have collaborated once again to push the mobile experience forward delivering the best Android smartphone experience with GALAXY Nexus," said Paul Brannen, vice president Samsung Mobile Canada. "GALAXY Nexus showcases the power behind Ice Cream Sandwich and brings an entirely new look and feel to Android while demonstrating continued innovation with user friendly features like Android Beam and Face Unlock."
Best-in-class hardware meets the most advanced software as Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to feature a 4.65'' display with a market-leading resolution of 720p (1280x720), ensuring superior clarity for entertainment capabilities or fast web browsing. GALAXY Nexus is also the first Android device to feature software navigation buttons with the lock screen, home screen, phone app, and everything in between rethought and redesigned to make Android simple, beautiful, and useful.
Ice Cream Sandwich introduces innovations such as Face Unlock which uses facial recognition to unlock the device. Using NFC technology, Android Beam allows for the rapid sharing of web pages, apps, and YouTube videos by simply tapping two devices together.
GALAXY Nexus is powered by an ultra-fast 1.2GHz dual core processor, providing superior power and speed. This allows consumers to take full advantage of GALAXY Nexus' enhanced multitasking capabilities, or enjoy the large, vivid display to its full capacity with high-definition gaming or video streaming. HSPA＋ connectivity combined with the dual core processor delivers high-speed web browsing ensuring the web is always at users' fingertips.
Google Experience on GALAXY Nexus is designed to provide a "pure Google," experience, meaning device users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new applications as they become available. It also features a number of Google Mobile services, including: Android Market, Gmail, Google Maps 5.0 with 3D maps and turn-by-turn navigation, Google Earth, Movie Studio, YouTube, syncing with Google Calendar, and a redesigned Google＋ app.
See operators for pricing and availability.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games now on PC, overpriced, poorly ported
- Nintendo NX might be transforming hybrid handheld, not a console
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio