GALAXY NexusÂ™, the world's first smartphone powered by AndroidÂ™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, is available tomorrow for Rogers, Fido and TELUS and coming soon to SaskTel, Mobilicity, WIND Mobile and Videotron networks. This highly anticipated smartphone, developed by Samsung and Google, features a 4.65" HD Super AMOLED display technology at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor.
"Samsung and Google have collaborated once again to push the mobile experience forward delivering the best Android smartphone experience with GALAXY Nexus," said Paul Brannen, vice president Samsung Mobile Canada. "GALAXY Nexus showcases the power behind Ice Cream Sandwich and brings an entirely new look and feel to Android while demonstrating continued innovation with user friendly features like Android Beam and Face Unlock."
Best-in-class hardware meets the most advanced software as Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to feature a 4.65'' display with a market-leading resolution of 720p (1280x720), ensuring superior clarity for entertainment capabilities or fast web browsing. GALAXY Nexus is also the first Android device to feature software navigation buttons with the lock screen, home screen, phone app, and everything in between rethought and redesigned to make Android simple, beautiful, and useful.
Ice Cream Sandwich introduces innovations such as Face Unlock which uses facial recognition to unlock the device. Using NFC technology, Android Beam allows for the rapid sharing of web pages, apps, and YouTubeÂ™ videos by simply tapping two devices together.
GALAXY Nexus is powered by an ultra-fast 1.2GHz dual core processor, providing superior power and speed. This allows consumers to take full advantage of GALAXY Nexus' enhanced multitasking capabilities, or enjoy the large, vivid display to its full capacity with high-definition gaming or video streaming. HSPAďĽ‹ connectivity combined with the dual core processor delivers high-speed web browsing ensuring the web is always at users' fingertips.
Google Experience on GALAXY Nexus is designed to provide a "pure Google," experience, meaning device users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new applications as they become available. It also features a number of Google Mobile services, including: Android Market, GmailÂ™, Google MapsÂ™ 5.0 with 3D maps and turn-by-turn navigation, Google EarthÂ™, Movie Studio, YouTubeÂ™, syncing with Google CalendarÂ™, and a redesigned GoogleďĽ‹ app.
See operators for pricing and availability.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4