GALAXY NexusÂ™, the world's first smartphone powered by AndroidÂ™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, is available tomorrow for Rogers, Fido and TELUS and coming soon to SaskTel, Mobilicity, WIND Mobile and Videotron networks. This highly anticipated smartphone, developed by Samsung and Google, features a 4.65" HD Super AMOLED display technology at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor.
"Samsung and Google have collaborated once again to push the mobile experience forward delivering the best Android smartphone experience with GALAXY Nexus," said Paul Brannen, vice president Samsung Mobile Canada. "GALAXY Nexus showcases the power behind Ice Cream Sandwich and brings an entirely new look and feel to Android while demonstrating continued innovation with user friendly features like Android Beam and Face Unlock."
Best-in-class hardware meets the most advanced software as Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to feature a 4.65'' display with a market-leading resolution of 720p (1280x720), ensuring superior clarity for entertainment capabilities or fast web browsing. GALAXY Nexus is also the first Android device to feature software navigation buttons with the lock screen, home screen, phone app, and everything in between rethought and redesigned to make Android simple, beautiful, and useful.
Ice Cream Sandwich introduces innovations such as Face Unlock which uses facial recognition to unlock the device. Using NFC technology, Android Beam allows for the rapid sharing of web pages, apps, and YouTubeÂ™ videos by simply tapping two devices together.
GALAXY Nexus is powered by an ultra-fast 1.2GHz dual core processor, providing superior power and speed. This allows consumers to take full advantage of GALAXY Nexus' enhanced multitasking capabilities, or enjoy the large, vivid display to its full capacity with high-definition gaming or video streaming. HSPAďĽ‹ connectivity combined with the dual core processor delivers high-speed web browsing ensuring the web is always at users' fingertips.
Google Experience on GALAXY Nexus is designed to provide a "pure Google," experience, meaning device users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new applications as they become available. It also features a number of Google Mobile services, including: Android Market, GmailÂ™, Google MapsÂ™ 5.0 with 3D maps and turn-by-turn navigation, Google EarthÂ™, Movie Studio, YouTubeÂ™, syncing with Google CalendarÂ™, and a redesigned GoogleďĽ‹ app.
See operators for pricing and availability.
Latest News Posts
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- The Last of US 2 being co-written by Westworld writer
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand