From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Verizon Wireless and Seagate will be showcasing a breakthrough technology demonstration of 4G LTE integrated into a Seagate Mobile Wireless Storage device for use with smartphones and tablets. This industry-first innovation can be seen at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #30259).
The 4G LTE-connected Mobile Wireless Storage technology will demonstrate the ability to:
· Expand the storage capacity of your mobile device with enough space to enjoy over 300 HD movies on an iPad or Android tablet. Imagine having the ability to carry every James Bond movie in HD, every season of both "Mad Men" and "Glee" and the entire catalog of the Rolling Stones, as well as thousands of photos.
· Download music, movies and photos over 4G LTE and stream it all over Wi-Fi for up to three of your mobile devices. It becomes the perfect road-trip companion providing hours of entertainment for the kids.
· Use the lightning fast Verizon 4G LTE network to connect to an endless library of entertainment in your pocket and provide Internet connectivity for up to three Wi-Fi-enabled mobile devices.
Seagate, a worldwide leader of innovative storage solutions, is a participant in the Verizon LTE Innovation Center and has been engaged with Verizon Wireless and its 4G LTE Innovation Center for two years of development for this product concept. Earlier this year, Seagate joined a multi-party development collaboration agreement along with other Verizon certified LTE partners, Novatel Wireless and SkyCross, Inc., to develop the Seagate 4G LTE Mobile Wireless Storage.
Based on market and customer feedback, this Mobile Wireless Storage solution is a potential future product collaboration between Verizon and Seagate.
"Seagate continues to innovate in new ways for consumers to enjoy their use of storage technologies," said Scott Horn, vice president of global marketing for Seagate. "This showcase of 4G LTE storage opens up a whole new world of possibilities for consumers to access the content they desire on the go."
Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 4G network in the United States, which now covers more than 200 million people in 190 markets.
Verizon established its Innovation Program to encourage collaboration and help advance the 4G LTE ecosystem. The company's LTE Innovation Center in Waltham, Mass., and its Application Innovation Center in San Francisco were created to inspire, enable and develop non-traditional devices, services and applications that take advantage of Verizon Wireless' industry-leading wireless networks. Through the Innovation Program, Verizon seeks to expand the possibilities of 4G LTE by working with diverse companies, from start-ups to established players, in industries representing a broad range of verticals.
The Seagate 4G LTE Mobile Wireless Storage is a portable, rechargeable battery-powered storage device with up to five hours of battery life and emits a Wi-Fi b/g/n signal for accessing content on the device. It is compatible with all Wi-Fi-enabled iOS and Android phones and tablets that include a browser. For more information about Seagate, visit http://www.seagate.com/ces, follow @Seagate and @Seagate_Con on Twitter or like the company on Facebook.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft announces Zombi for Xbox One, PS4 and PC for August 18
- Teenagers on social networking sites too much could cause problems
- Subway, Paypal team up so you can pay for your sandwich using app
- Rocket League racks up 5 million downloads in only 22 days
- Sony plans to open polls for new PS Plus games
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia