Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) will be showcasing its full breadth of consumer, desktop and enterprise solutions at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show. Follow all the news and contest info at Seagate.com/ces.
Award-Winning Mobile Storage
A Consumer Electronics Association Innovations Honoree, the GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage will be on display in the Innovations Hall located in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian Hotel. Seagate will demonstrate during CES new enhancements and added features that improve on the popular award-winning product. First introduced in May of 2011, the GoFlex Satellite drive is Wi-Fi enabled storage to wirelessly stream media to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Building on the success of the first battery-powered, wireless storage solution - GoFlex Satellite drive - Seagate has collaborated with Verizon Wireless to provide a technology showcase of the world's first 4G LTE mobile wireless storage solution. This industry-first innovation can be seen in action at the Verizon booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth 30259).
The 4G LTE-connected Mobile Wireless Storage technology will demonstrate the ability to:
· Expand the storage capacity of your mobile device with enough space to enjoy over 300 HD movies on an iPad or Android tablet.
· Download music, movies and photos over 4G LTE and stream it all over Wi-Fi for up to three of your mobile devices.
· Use the lightning fast Verizon 4G LTE network to connect to an endless library of entertainment while on the go while it also provides Internet connectivity for up to three Wi-Fi enabled mobile devices.
Industry First: New Thunderbolt Technology Solutions
This week in Las Vegas, Seagate will also debut, the long-awaited GoFlex® Thunderbolt Adapter and the GoFlex Desk Thunderbolt Adapter. Seagate first unveiled working prototypes of these two advanced interface products during the Intel Developers Forum in November of 2011. These two products are the first to use the new Thunderbolt technology for widespread use by consumers for single drive enclosures. The GoFlex Thunderbolt Adapter will be available during the first quarter of this year and the GoFlex Desk Thunderbolt Adapter is expected to be available before the second half of this calendar year.
To help demonstrate the speed and performance of the new award-winning Momentus® XT solid-state hybrid hard drive, Seagate will be hosting a gaming demonstration with a head-to-head competition between two identical Alienware M18X dual-drive laptop computers. One will be equipped with two of Seagate's new solid-state hybrid Momentus XT drives, and the other will include 7200RPM 2.5-inch hard disk drives. Visit the Seagate booth (#31846) in the South Hall of Las Vegas Convention Center for an opportunity to win a Momentus XT hybrid drive, which is nearly three times faster than a traditional hard disk drive and has many of the benefits of solid state with much greater capacity at 750GB. Seagate will also host a contest to win one Alienware M11X laptop package valued at over $2000.00. For more details on the Alienware laptop equipped with a Momentus XT drive, and to enter the contest, please visit seagate.com/ces.
Latest News Posts
- Sony raising $4 billion, will go all-in with camera sensors
- Sony dominates Europe, with the PS4 taking up to 90% marketshare
- Minecraft sales on PC hit 20 million units, 70 million units in total
- YouTube for Android and iOS now supports 60FPS playback
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 preview includes the new Edge browser
- How Do I Open The RAM Slot - X555LA Laptop
- LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - The Battle of Android
- BIOS Disk Boot Option settings don't hold (GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK)
- ASUS Z97 Pro-Gamer MB. M2 mounting point.
- Tt eSPORTS Isurus Pro In-Ear Gaming Headset Review
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive