Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today introduced a 7 mm version of the award-winning Crucial m4 SSD to meet the need for thinner storage devices. With the same performance delivered by the standard 9.5 mm Crucial m4 SSD, the new ultra-slim 7 mm version supports the latest thin and light form factor laptop models, such as the Lenovo ThinkPad T420G, Acer Aspire 6920G, and new Intel-inspired Ultrabook devices.
The 7 mm Crucial m4 SSD is available in 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB capacities. The 512 GB capacity offering is one of the highest-capacity storage drives - magnetic or solid state - available in the market today for laptops with a 7 mm tall drive bay.
The new, thinner version of the Crucial m4 SSD improves boot-up and application load times to enhance computing efficiency. Ideal for client computing, 7 mm Crucial m4 SSDs also provide benefits for notebooks, desktops, workstations, and industrial applications, such as low power consumption, lightweight construction, and resistance to shock and vibration. The 7 mm Crucial m4 SSD leverages the industry-leading memory, design, and manufacturing capability of Micron Technology, and is built to the exacting standards demanded by leading OEM computer manufacturers worldwide.
"The demand for thinner, lighter, and lower-cost laptops continues to grow, and many users are demanding reliable storage solutions that offer high performance in these increasingly smaller form factors," said Robert Wheadon, worldwide senior product manager, Crucial. "The 7 mm Crucial m4 SSD provides exceptional performance in a super-thin form factor, is extensively tested in-house, and is the newest offering in our award-winning SSD portfolio."
The new 7 mm Crucial m4 SSD includes a three-year limited warranty, and is currently offered on http://www.crucial.com at US$118.99 for 64 GB; US$209.99 for 128 GB; US$410.99 for 256 GB; and US$794.99 for the 512 GB solution.
Latest News Posts
- Save 58% on a Lifetime Subscription to Penzu Pro Digital Journal
- Realtek has produced a new onboard LAN chip aimed at gamers
- Meet the low-profile GELID Polar 1U air cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
Forum ActivityView More Forum Posts
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC