Targus Inc., maker of the world's top-selling laptop computer cases and accessories today announced it is first to market with USB 3.0 docking technology. The Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station (ACP70US) allows you to connect all of your peripherals while offering the benefit of enhanced speed and power associated with USB 3.0. It is the ideal solution for various work environments that support multiple laptop standards or where there is the need for a shared workspace, "Hot Desking" or "Hoteling". In addition, with the emergence of Ultrabooks, users will need additional USB ports for all of their necessary peripherals.
Utilizing USB 3.0 graphics technology by DisplayLink, the new docking station also includes dual video ports, which provides beyond HD video and graphics with up to 2048 x 1152 resolution. This is ideal for peripherals that require enriched image and text clarity such as external HD monitors. It also features the first-of-its-kind Gigabit Ethernet via USB for high-speed networking. The wedge design offers an ergonomic tilt and improved ambient airflow while its horizontal form factor allows users to place the docking station under a laptop, thus saving desk space.
"As more peripherals incorporate USB 3.0 technology it is important to offer a docking solution that can meet the power and performance demands of these devices," stated Carolyn Perrier, vice president of product management and marketing at Targus. "Being the first to offer a USB 3.0 docking station, Targus continues its mission to provide businesses with pioneering technology while lowering TCO and improving productivity."
"Targus is known for being a trend-setter and market leader, therefore we are proud to provide the superior virtual graphics technology behind the market's first ever universal USB 3.0 docking station," said Dennis Crespo, executive vice president of marketing and business development for DisplayLink. "Targus has engineered a product that fully leverages the benefits of USB 3.0 and significantly improves the efficiency of the mobile desktop."
The Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station includes four USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports, for connecting portable accessories such as HD drives, smartphones, cameras and more. It also features 1x DVI-I to VGA adapter and a HDMI to DVI-D adapter. The audio In/Out ports allow you to connect speakers, headphones or a microphone, and a security lock slot helps secure the dock and avoid theft. It also includes a 6.5A AC adapter and a 2ft USB 3.0 cable to easily connect your device to a complete workstation - including dual monitors, a mouse, keyboard, printer and other peripherals you may need to connect. The docking station also has two high-powered USB ports (supporting Battery Charging Specification 1.1), providing extra power and remains powered on even when the laptop is disconnected.
The Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station (ACP70US) is currently available with a one-year limited warranty at an MSRP of $199.99*. This and other Targus accessories are available at Targus.com as well as through leading retailers, VARs, e-tailers, and direct marketers.
*The Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station is available in two models:
ACP70US: retail customers and the ACP70USZ for corporate customers.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon R9 390X should feature not just 4GB of HBM, but 8GB of HBM
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards