- Anexis eSports wins $6,000 grand prize after thrilling final watched live by 5,000 viewers -
FREMONT, California - December 21st, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the final results of the inaugural Vengeance® Cup Call of Duty® 4 tournament. In an exciting final match, the Anexis eSports team beat LowLandLions to take the top prize of $6,000. LowLandLions received $3,000, and third-place finishers Team-Dignitas received $1,000.
"We are very excited to announce the winner of the first Corsair Vengeance Cup, and congratulate Anexis ESports on their victory. Our thanks go to everyone who took part." Said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "The Vengeance Cup was a great way to celebrate the launch of our new FPS-optimized Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse. They're an ideal match for the intense action of Call of Duty 4."
The Vengeance Cup Call of Duty 4 tournament began open signups in September with 256 teams vying for a share of the $10,000 prize pot - one of the biggest purses ever for an online Call of Duty 4 tournament. Matches were streamed live to a total audience of more than 120,000, with 5,000 viewers signing in to watch the finals on December 7th.
About Corsair Vengeance Gaming
Corsair's Vengeance line of PC gaming peripherals is tailored to the unique needs of PC gamers, and includes the Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse, optimized for FPS gaming; the Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M90 laser gaming mouse, tuned for MMO and RTS gaming; the Vengeance 1500 and Vengeance 1300 gaming headsets, and the Vengeance 1100 "behind-the-head" gaming headset. To learn more about the entire line of Vengeance gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, and gaming headsets, please visit:
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break release date announced: April 5, 2016
- Diablo 3 has sold over 30 million copies across all platforms
- ROCCAT teases both Sova and Nyth peripherals at Gamescom
- Seagate announces a new 2TB 'Game Drive' for the Xbox One
- Corsair announces new RGB keyboards, mice and headsets
- Muscle Building Power Foods
- p67 Extreme6 BIOS Update without Windows
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- Create More Space for Your Gaming Experience with New Seagate Game Drive for Xbox
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1