- Anexis eSports wins $6,000 grand prize after thrilling final watched live by 5,000 viewers -
FREMONT, California - December 21st, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the final results of the inaugural Vengeance® Cup Call of Duty® 4 tournament. In an exciting final match, the Anexis eSports team beat LowLandLions to take the top prize of $6,000. LowLandLions received $3,000, and third-place finishers Team-Dignitas received $1,000.
"We are very excited to announce the winner of the first Corsair Vengeance Cup, and congratulate Anexis ESports on their victory. Our thanks go to everyone who took part." Said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "The Vengeance Cup was a great way to celebrate the launch of our new FPS-optimized Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse. They're an ideal match for the intense action of Call of Duty 4."
The Vengeance Cup Call of Duty 4 tournament began open signups in September with 256 teams vying for a share of the $10,000 prize pot - one of the biggest purses ever for an online Call of Duty 4 tournament. Matches were streamed live to a total audience of more than 120,000, with 5,000 viewers signing in to watch the finals on December 7th.
About Corsair Vengeance Gaming
Corsair's Vengeance line of PC gaming peripherals is tailored to the unique needs of PC gamers, and includes the Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse, optimized for FPS gaming; the Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M90 laser gaming mouse, tuned for MMO and RTS gaming; the Vengeance 1500 and Vengeance 1300 gaming headsets, and the Vengeance 1100 "behind-the-head" gaming headset. To learn more about the entire line of Vengeance gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, and gaming headsets, please visit:
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- id Software: The new DOOM will not take itself too seriously
- Intel's Brian Krzanich announces change of a few management positions
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- Turtle Beach opens pre-orders for a wireless headset called the 420X
- Mad Catz faces possible closure due to financial struggles
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- your Other built or out. nation much sleeping out bag,
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes