Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND flash storage solutions, today announced the Storage POD Mini, a portable SSD that will change how you think about external storage.
External hard disk drives have made it easy to back-up important data and move data from one machine to another but its performance was limited and always slower than an internal hard drive. Thanks to USB 3.0 and SSD technologies, it is now possible to create a USB storage solution that is smaller, lighter and more rugged than a traditional HDD. A blue anodized, all-aluminum enclosure enables this drive to be both lightweight and rugged yet measure a mere 110 x 68 x 10 mm (roughly the same size as an internal 2.5" HDD; without the enclosure) It fits easily in your pocket and requires no power adapter. It's the perfect travelling companion.
And, check your preconceived notions at the door because this little SSD really performs. External storage is now your primary storage. No longer relegated for just backup, this little pocket-SSD is perfect for rendering video, animations and photography. It's primary storage that is more productive and portable. Featuring a SandForce SSD processor, this solid state drive offers durability, reliability and performance beyond anything you've ever seen from a hard disk. Its top speed reaches over 260MB/s, but where this design really shines is in the real world performance. Its on-board processor is able to dramatically accelerate real world performance by compressing your data, in real-time, as it writes and decompressing data as it reads. Your data now uses less space and transfers more efficiently than ever. Backing up your system now takes a fraction of the time it would take on rotating media.
Fully backward compatible to USB 2.0, the Storage POD Mini is also packed with many new features. This drive has a One-Touch Backup button that launches a backup routine that can support numerous machines. Just push the backup button and it will begin to back up all your pre-determined data areas at writes speeds of up to 174MB/s. And the Storage POD Mini also has a Read/Write switch to protect your data from unintentional writes, similar to an SD card.
Available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, the Storage POD Mini is now shipping.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft announces Zombi for Xbox One, PS4 and PC for August 18
- Teenagers on social networking sites too much could cause problems
- Subway, Paypal team up so you can pay for your sandwich using app
- Rocket League racks up 5 million downloads in only 22 days
- Sony plans to open polls for new PS Plus games
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia