Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of NAND flash storage solutions, today announced the Storage POD Mini, a portable SSD that will change how you think about external storage.
External hard disk drives have made it easy to back-up important data and move data from one machine to another but its performance was limited and always slower than an internal hard drive. Thanks to USB 3.0 and SSD technologies, it is now possible to create a USB storage solution that is smaller, lighter and more rugged than a traditional HDD. A blue anodized, all-aluminum enclosure enables this drive to be both lightweight and rugged yet measure a mere 110 x 68 x 10 mm (roughly the same size as an internal 2.5" HDD; without the enclosure) It fits easily in your pocket and requires no power adapter. It's the perfect travelling companion.
And, check your preconceived notions at the door because this little SSD really performs. External storage is now your primary storage. No longer relegated for just backup, this little pocket-SSD is perfect for rendering video, animations and photography. It's primary storage that is more productive and portable. Featuring a SandForce SSD processor, this solid state drive offers durability, reliability and performance beyond anything you've ever seen from a hard disk. Its top speed reaches over 260MB/s, but where this design really shines is in the real world performance. Its on-board processor is able to dramatically accelerate real world performance by compressing your data, in real-time, as it writes and decompressing data as it reads. Your data now uses less space and transfers more efficiently than ever. Backing up your system now takes a fraction of the time it would take on rotating media.
Fully backward compatible to USB 2.0, the Storage POD Mini is also packed with many new features. This drive has a One-Touch Backup button that launches a backup routine that can support numerous machines. Just push the backup button and it will begin to back up all your pre-determined data areas at writes speeds of up to 174MB/s. And the Storage POD Mini also has a Read/Write switch to protect your data from unintentional writes, similar to an SD card.
Available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, the Storage POD Mini is now shipping.
Latest News Posts
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- Turtle Beach opens pre-orders for a wireless headset called the 420X
- Mad Catz faces possible closure due to financial struggles
- GG, Google - there's a new Google Glass coming 'soon'
- AOC shows off its 25-inch WQHD monitor, Q2577PWQ
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- orange jack not working with 5.1 sound
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes