NVIDIA announced today that it has named Rob Burgess, a veteran technology executive and independent consultant, to its board of directors. Burgess, age 53, served as chief executive officer of Macromedia, Inc., a provider of Internet and multimedia software, from 1996 to 2005, and as the company's chairman or executive chairman from 1998 to 2005, when it was acquired by Adobe Systems Inc. He has been a member of Adobe's board since then, and has served since 2010 as a director of IMRIS Inc., a provider of image-guided therapy solutions
Prior to joining Macromedia, he held a variety of executive positions at Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI), and was chief executive of Alias Research, Inc., a 3D software company, from 1991 until its acquisition by SGI in 1995. He has a bachelor's of commerce degree from McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada.
Burgess expands NVIDIA's board to nine members.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity