Killer E2100 Integration Provides Superior Networking Experience with Advanced Stream Detect, Visual Bandwidth Control and Application Priority
SAN JOSE, Calif. - November 30, 2011 - Qualcomm Atheros Inc., the networking and connectivity subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), today announced that the Qualcomm Atheros KillerÂ™ E2100 game networking platform is integrated and available in new GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2 motherboards based on the IntelÂ® X79 Express Chipset. The Killer E2100 Network Processing Unit is a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet controller designed for faster game traffic and better networking for all online applications. The Killer E2100 provides superior networking for games, HD video and streaming audio through Advanced Stream Detect, Visual Bandwidth Control and Application Priority.
"The people who purchase our motherboards demand the ability to play games, watch movies and stream content in HD how they want and when they want without any interruption," said Tim Handley, deputy director of motherboard marketing at GIGABYTE. "Killer E2100 is a perfect addition to our portfolio of motherboards based on the X79 chipset, as it delivers our customers the best in high-performance networking along with complete control of bandwidth allocation. This ensures a top-quality experience and faster-paced game play."
Killer E2100 is the only network processing unit available for high-performance networking that is specifically targeted to the gaming sector. Its Advanced Stream Detect feature automatically identifies online games, HD video and high-quality audio for a better experience and fewer interruptions. The Visual Bandwidth Control feature allows the user to see which applications are hogging bandwidth and tune performance for each application so they do not interfere with online game play. The Application Priority feature automatically puts high-priority, latency-sensitive network data such as gaming and real-time VoIP streams ahead of all other network traffic.
"GIGABYTE motherboards are known in the industry to provide excellent graphics, audio and networking capabilities and we are excited to be the network performance pick for these motherboards," said Todd Antes, vice president of product management at Qualcomm Atheros Inc. "At Qualcomm Atheros, we are focused on providing high-performance technology that empowers people to have full control over their home networks. The Killer Technology product line continues to be a noteworthy addition with its outstanding performance, unrivaled intelligence and superior control."
About Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
Qualcomm Atheros Inc., the networking and connectivity subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, is a leading provider of wireless and wired technologies for the mobile, networking, computing and consumer electronics markets. The organization is focused on inventing technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all. With its broad connectivity portfolio, Qualcomm Atheros provides its global customer base with high-performance, end-to-end solutions featuring Wi-FiÂ®, GPS, BluetoothÂ®, Ethernet, HomePlugÂ® powerline and passive optical networking technologies. Qualcomm Atheros leverages its substantial expertise in RF, signal processing, software and networking to deliver highly integrated, low-power, system-level solutions that enable customers to create high-performance, differentiated products. For more information, go to http://www.qca.qualcomm.com.
Latest News Posts
- HP teases a high-end PC backpack for VR, still a work in progress
- Corsair's custom-built Dominator Platinum RAM for ASUS ROG announced
- EVGA's new GeForce GTX 1080 features ACX 3.0 cooling, and more
- Colorful's new iGame GeForce GTX 1080 has stock GPU clock of 1.84GHz
- NBC announces it will air Rio Olympics in 4K, HDR and even Dolby Atmos
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB