Companies Invited to join Futuremark┬« Benchmark Development Program to Create the First Industry Standard Gaming Performance Benchmark for the Android Platform
HELSINKI, FINLAND - NOVEMBER 29, 2011 - Futuremark┬«, the world leader in performance benchmarking software, today announced that it has started development of 3DMark┬« for Android┬Ö (working title), with the aim of bringing the industry standard gaming performance benchmark to Android powered tablets in 2012. Companies involved in the manufacture of Android powered devices are invited to join Futuremark's Benchmark Development Program to play a critical role in the development of 3DMark for Android, from initial specification to final delivery. http://www.futuremark.com/bdp/
Research groups such as Gartner and IDC are predicting explosive growth for tablets in the coming years. Undoubtedly games will be one of the key drivers of this growth as the performance and power of these lightweight devices improves. Fierce competition between Android devices means hardware manufacturers and their suppliers will need an objective, impartial and forward-looking performance reference to enable their engineers to deliver competitive products.
Jukka M├Ąkinen, CEO of Futuremark said,
"Since 1998, the PC industry has relied on 3DMark to accurately measure gaming hardware performance. In 2012 we will bring 3DMark to the Android platform with a professional grade benchmark that can be trusted by manufacturers, suppliers and vendors to provide the definitive measure of gaming performance on Android while showcasing the very best in real-time graphics and effects."
Dedicated benchmarking software provides industry engineers and press reviewers with the tools to produce consistent results that are repeatable, reliable and relevant. 3DMark is a purpose built benchmark for measuring gaming performance. It uses bespoke workloads designed specifically to stress test graphics hardware and highlight bottlenecks in the system.
3DMark for Android (working title)
- Measures gaming performance using rendering, CPU and physics tests.
- Stunning real-time graphics push the OpenGL ES API to the limit.
- Complementary online service to compare results between devices.
- Results will be comparable with 3DMark for Windows 8.
- Currently in development, expected to be released in 2012.
The Benchmark Development Program (BDP) is a Futuremark initiative for building partnerships with hardware and technology manufacturers. The BDPs for 3DMark for Windows and PCMark include companies such as AMD, NVIDIA, Intel, Imagination Technologies, Dell and HP. An open process of close co-operation with BDP members results in high-quality benchmarks that reliably provide consistent, vendor-neutral results to the benefit of both the industry and consumers.
Companies Invited to join Benchmark Development Program
3DMark for Android will be developed in close co-operation with the world's leading technology companies. Companies that join the 3DMark for Android Benchmark Development Program will help shape the benchmark specification, have access to regular development builds for evaluation and receive discounted pricing.
Please visit http://www.futuremark.com/bdp/ for more information about joining the Benchmark Development Program or follow Futuremark on Facebook for the latest 3DMark news: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
3DMark is the world's most popular benchmark and PC test. 3DMark uses specifically designed tests featuring high-end real-time graphics to accurately and consistently measure PC gaming performance. Futuremark currently offers 3DMark06 for Windows XP, 3DMark Vantage for Windows Vista, and 3DMark 11 for Windows 7. A new version of 3DMark for Windows 8 is currently in development and is expected to be released in 2012. Find out more and download 3DMark for free from http://www.3dmark.com
Futuremark┬« Corporation creates the world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests. Futuremark's free 3DMark┬«, PCMark┬« and Peacekeeper┬Ö tests have helped millions of people measure and improve their PCs' performance for games, media, applications and the web. Futuremark Games Studio creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio is currently developing Unstoppable Gorg for PC, Xbox LIVE┬« Arcade and iPad┬«. Futuremark has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- NVIDIA's recent Gamer Connect event in India: success
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism