DisplayLink, the leading provider of technology for virtual and USB-connected computing, and I-O DATA DEVICE (www.iodata.com) today announced the availability of the I-O DATA USB-RGB3/D USB 3.0 to DVI display adapter. Incorporating the DisplayLink DL-3100 chip for connectivity and virtual graphics, it is the first USB 3.0 enabled display adapter to ship in Japan.
"And this is as true in Japan as any other technology-embracing market."
Featuring the robust DisplayLink 3.0 video compression and support for resolutions up to 2048 x 1152, including 1080p, even the newest notebooks, netbooks and PCs can enjoy the benefits of multi-screen computing. And with the throughput of SuperSpeed USB 3.0, those monitors will display high-performance, full-screen HD video, 3D games, rich 2D graphics and multi-channel audio.
"Mixing and matching devices with different peripherals will continue to become even more popular with USB 3.0's speed and versatility," said Dennis Crespo, DisplayLink executive vice president of marketing and business development. "And this is as true in Japan as any other technology-embracing market."
"The DisplayLink DL-3000 family of chips allows I-O DATA to be first-to-market with high-quality products that our end consumers want now," said Hiroshi Kawada, Board Director of Business Strategy Dept. of I-O DATA. "The USB-RGB3/D adapter fills an immediate need for users of the newest PCs, allowing them to take advantage of displays of different resolutions without sacrificing performance."
USB 3.0 has transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbit/s, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 significantly reduces the time required for data transmission, reduces power consumption, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
Pricing and Availability
The I-O Data USB-RGB3/D adapter is currently available in Japan, selling for $137.00.
About I-O DATA DEVICE
I-O DATA DEVICE, INC., is a top-tier manufacturer and provider of high-quality computer peripherals and interface products to the global consumer and OEM markets. Founded in 1976, by Mr. Akio Hosono, I-O DATA has received recognition as Japan's undisputed market leader within the PC Peripheral industry. I-O DATA is not only a manufacturer of such devices, but handles the design, development, production of the products.
DisplayLink Corp. is a hardware and software company that offers a unique technology to enable easy virtual graphics connectivity between computers and displays over standard interfaces such as USB, wireless USB and Ethernet. DisplayLink technology is used in dozens of globally branded PC accessories including monitors, universal docking stations, display adapters, projectors, and zero client systems that make expansion of the desktop visual workspace possible, at significantly lower cost and energy usage than traditional solutions.
DisplayLink is ranked the fourth fastest-growing EMEA Company by Deloitte, and was awarded the CES 2011 Best of Innovation Award Honoree in the Enabling Technologies category for its forthcoming Interactive Networked Graphics for SuperSpeed USB. For more information and product details, visit DisplayLink Shop and follow DisplayLink on Facebook and Twitter.
The I-O DATA logo is registered trademarks of I-O DATA DEVICE, INC. DisplayLink and the DisplayLink logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of DisplayLink Corporation in the US or other countries. All rights reserved.
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog