MBIM 1.0 specification expands consumer control of USB mobile devices
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 17, 2011 - The USB-IF today announced its release of the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) 1.0 Specification. Developed under the USB-IF by leading technology companies, MBIM 1.0 is a USB-based protocol for host and device connectivity for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. The specification supports multiple generations of GSM and CDMA-based 3G and 4G packet data services including the recent LTE technology.
MBIM 1.0 Specification Features:
- Supports multiple IP connections per a single USB interface
- Enables flexible, efficient and lower cost device implementations
- Supports power-friendly implementations in diverse operating systems
- Enables implementation of device-agnostic mobile broadband class drivers in diverse operating systems for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Replaces cumbersome control channel mechanisms, such as AT-commands
- Minimizes overhead and improves data transfer efficiency by sending raw IP frames, eliminating the need for Ethernet headers
"The USB-IF is excited to add the MBIM specification to its set of specifications," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "USB technology benefits the mobile device consumer, and the MBIM specification expands the capabilities that USB delivers to mobile device platforms."
For more information regarding the USB-IF, please visit http://www.usb.org.
MBIM 1.0 is posted at http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs#approved under Communications Device Class.
About the USB-IF
The non-profit USB Implementers Forum, Inc. was formed to provide a support organization and forum for the advancement and adoption of USB technology. The USB-IF facilitates the development of high-quality compatible USB devices through its logo and compliance program, and promotes the benefits of USB and the quality of products that have passed compliance testing. Further information, including postings of the most recent product and technology announcements, is available by visiting the USB-IF website at http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20