MBIM 1.0 specification expands consumer control of USB mobile devices
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 17, 2011 - The USB-IF today announced its release of the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) 1.0 Specification. Developed under the USB-IF by leading technology companies, MBIM 1.0 is a USB-based protocol for host and device connectivity for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. The specification supports multiple generations of GSM and CDMA-based 3G and 4G packet data services including the recent LTE technology.
MBIM 1.0 Specification Features:
- Supports multiple IP connections per a single USB interface
- Enables flexible, efficient and lower cost device implementations
- Supports power-friendly implementations in diverse operating systems
- Enables implementation of device-agnostic mobile broadband class drivers in diverse operating systems for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Replaces cumbersome control channel mechanisms, such as AT-commands
- Minimizes overhead and improves data transfer efficiency by sending raw IP frames, eliminating the need for Ethernet headers
"The USB-IF is excited to add the MBIM specification to its set of specifications," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "USB technology benefits the mobile device consumer, and the MBIM specification expands the capabilities that USB delivers to mobile device platforms."
For more information regarding the USB-IF, please visit http://www.usb.org.
MBIM 1.0 is posted at http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs#approved under Communications Device Class.
About the USB-IF
The non-profit USB Implementers Forum, Inc. was formed to provide a support organization and forum for the advancement and adoption of USB technology. The USB-IF facilitates the development of high-quality compatible USB devices through its logo and compliance program, and promotes the benefits of USB and the quality of products that have passed compliance testing. Further information, including postings of the most recent product and technology announcements, is available by visiting the USB-IF website at http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'