MBIM 1.0 specification expands consumer control of USB mobile devices
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 17, 2011 - The USB-IF today announced its release of the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) 1.0 Specification. Developed under the USB-IF by leading technology companies, MBIM 1.0 is a USB-based protocol for host and device connectivity for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. The specification supports multiple generations of GSM and CDMA-based 3G and 4G packet data services including the recent LTE technology.
MBIM 1.0 Specification Features:
- Supports multiple IP connections per a single USB interface
- Enables flexible, efficient and lower cost device implementations
- Supports power-friendly implementations in diverse operating systems
- Enables implementation of device-agnostic mobile broadband class drivers in diverse operating systems for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Replaces cumbersome control channel mechanisms, such as AT-commands
- Minimizes overhead and improves data transfer efficiency by sending raw IP frames, eliminating the need for Ethernet headers
"The USB-IF is excited to add the MBIM specification to its set of specifications," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "USB technology benefits the mobile device consumer, and the MBIM specification expands the capabilities that USB delivers to mobile device platforms."
For more information regarding the USB-IF, please visit http://www.usb.org.
MBIM 1.0 is posted at http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs#approved under Communications Device Class.
About the USB-IF
The non-profit USB Implementers Forum, Inc. was formed to provide a support organization and forum for the advancement and adoption of USB technology. The USB-IF facilitates the development of high-quality compatible USB devices through its logo and compliance program, and promotes the benefits of USB and the quality of products that have passed compliance testing. Further information, including postings of the most recent product and technology announcements, is available by visiting the USB-IF website at http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Fractal Design announces its new Define S chassis
- Sony's upcoming Android-powered 4K TVs will launch in May
- Journey to the 'Enchanted Kingdom' in our BBC Blu-ray giveaway
- WB signs massive multi-picture tentpole deal with IMAX through to 2020
- 'Independence Day 2' welcomes back President Whitmore and Dr. Okun
- New Bios version adjusts SIO setting. What is SIO????
- C2550D4I won't boot
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop