MBIM 1.0 specification expands consumer control of USB mobile devices
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 17, 2011 - The USB-IF today announced its release of the Mobile Broadband Interface Model (MBIM) 1.0 Specification. Developed under the USB-IF by leading technology companies, MBIM 1.0 is a USB-based protocol for host and device connectivity for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. The specification supports multiple generations of GSM and CDMA-based 3G and 4G packet data services including the recent LTE technology.
MBIM 1.0 Specification Features:
- Supports multiple IP connections per a single USB interface
- Enables flexible, efficient and lower cost device implementations
- Supports power-friendly implementations in diverse operating systems
- Enables implementation of device-agnostic mobile broadband class drivers in diverse operating systems for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Replaces cumbersome control channel mechanisms, such as AT-commands
- Minimizes overhead and improves data transfer efficiency by sending raw IP frames, eliminating the need for Ethernet headers
"The USB-IF is excited to add the MBIM specification to its set of specifications," said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF President & COO. "USB technology benefits the mobile device consumer, and the MBIM specification expands the capabilities that USB delivers to mobile device platforms."
For more information regarding the USB-IF, please visit http://www.usb.org.
MBIM 1.0 is posted at http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs#approved under Communications Device Class.
About the USB-IF
The non-profit USB Implementers Forum, Inc. was formed to provide a support organization and forum for the advancement and adoption of USB technology. The USB-IF facilitates the development of high-quality compatible USB devices through its logo and compliance program, and promotes the benefits of USB and the quality of products that have passed compliance testing. Further information, including postings of the most recent product and technology announcements, is available by visiting the USB-IF website at http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance