'HARD DRIVE BY HITACHI' CHOSEN FOR NEW V digi HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS
Hong Kong manufacturer deploys Hitachi Travelstar series in high-definition digital TV recorders/ receivers, due to its excellent performance, low-power leadership and high reliability
HONG KONG, December 16, 2008 - Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST), the second largest hard disk drive (HDD) manufacturer in the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) region in 2007, today announced that V Digi is using Hitachi HDDs in its latest high-definition digital TV recorder/ receiver series. V Digi selected Hitachi as its preferred HDD storage provider due to Hitachi's reliable product portfolio and unique features for consumer electronics devices requiring a range of capacity and performance options.
With more than 10 years of experience in developing and producing digital TV system elements, V Digi is one of the fastest growing, innovative manufacturers in the region and is recognized for its award-winning high-definition TV recorder/ receiver series. Headquartered in Hong Kong, V Digi has manufacturing and R&D centers in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Beijing.
"Stepping into the 'Tera Era' where the market for high capacity storage has grown substantially, Hitachi is pleased to offer a range of high-capacity hard disk drives to address the strong demand for consumer entertainment systems such as those made by V Digi," said Robert Chu, vice president, Asia Pacific, Hitachi GST.
V Digi's high-definition digital TV recorder/ receiver series is equipped with 2.5-inch Travelstar 5K320 HDDs. The 2.5-inch Travelstar is designed to support the multi-tasking needs of consumers, offering high capacity and high performance for full-featured digital TV recorders/ receivers. Different capacity options are available from 160GB to 320GB, which can store up to 80 hours of high-definition video. The high-definition digital TV recorder/ receiver series is now available in Hong Kong.
"With the increasing prevalence of high-definition TV at home, consumers are pursuing a higher quality broadcast experience. In response to the market trend and our customers' needs, V Digi has been committed to developing and researching new home entertainment devices such as high-definition digital TV recorders/ receivers," said Ray Cheung, assistant sales manager, V Digi. "The specially-designed features of Hitachi's hard disk drives enhance our users' enjoyment and satisfaction, for instance, by optimizing picture quality and delivering high-capacity storage. We will continue to offer our customers a high quality entertainment experience by extending the application of Hitachi HDDs to other lines of our consumer electronics products."
According to Damien Lo, Hong Kong sales and marketing director of VST, Hitachi's partner and authorized distributor, "V Digi series is a result of collaboration between Hitachi and VST. Seeing the increasing consumer demand for high-definition broadcasting, we will continue to identify customers for Hitachi and bring exciting digital experiences to the public."
Specifically Designed for Consumer Electronics
Hitachi's 2.5-inch Travelstar hard drive family features a number of consumer electronics-specific features and benefits, including:
- Up to half a terabyte (TB) storage translates to 500 hours of digital video, 178 feature length movies, 250 games or 125,000 four-minute songs
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) technology compensates for vibration & shock effects to maintain performance
- Low power consumption features enable the drives to run cooler and use less power
- Bulk Data Encryption (BDE) helps guard against data theft
About Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies develops advanced hard disk drives to store and preserve the world's valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, Hitachi GST enables users to fully engage in the digital lifestyle by providing high-value, high-capacity storage in formats suitable for the office, in the home or on the road. With vertically integrated research, design and manufacturing capabilities, Hitachi GST delivers leadership technology and quality to its global customer base.
With approximately 32,000 employees worldwide, Hitachi GST offers a comprehensive range of hard drive products for desktop computers, high-performance storage systems and servers, notebooks and consumer devices. For more information, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachigst.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.3 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, materials, logistics and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
About V Digi
V Digi is one of the leading brands of set top box in Hong Kong. With more than 10 years of AV parts manufacturing experience, V Digi focuses not only on sales and distribution, but also on product R&D. With its R&D offices located in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Beijing, V Digi has its own software engineering team, with more than 100 engineers in different sections, including software development, hardware design, and after-sales support.
The efficiency of V Digi's after-sales service is well-recognized in the market. In addition to the quick response of the technical service hotline, new firmware is frequently updated to meet the new requirements of DTV broadcasting and to continually enhance set top box functions.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning