WD® Delivers High-Performance 1TB Hard Drive
Fastest 3.5-inch 7200 RPM Drive on the Market
Sydney Australia - July 02, 2008 - Western Digital launched its new line of WD Caviar® Black 7200 RPM 3.5-inch SATA (Serial ATA) hard drives for high-performance desktop, workstation and multi-drive systems. Available in capacities of 750 GB and 1 TB, WD Caviar Black hard drives are part of a new family of WD product categories designed to simplify the buying experience for customers worldwide.
WD was the first company to introduce a hard drive, optimised for low power consumption, using GreenPower technology, and is raising the bar for the high performance desktop market with WD Caviar Black. "WD Caviar Black hard drives offer the highest capacity and performance in a desktop class drive available on the market today enabling users to maximise the features and functionality of power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing," said Don Bennett, WD vice president and general manager of desktop storage. "Selection of a WD Caviar Black drive ensures WD customers receive the best WD has to offer in terms of features, performance and reliability."
In keeping with WD's leadership in hard drive performance, WD Caviar Black drives combine 7200 RPM spin speed with the SATA 3 Gb/s interface and 32 MB cache to deliver ultimate performance in a maximum-capacity drive. The WD Caviar Black series of hard drives are designed for use in high-end OEM desktop systems, as well as by users who want to upgrade the speed and capacity of their system. WD Caviar Black hard drives feature the following:
High Performance Electronics Architecture
Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
32 MB cache - Bigger, faster cache means faster performance.
Rock Solid Mechanical Architecture
StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
WD Caviar Blue, Green, Black
WD's new 'blue, green, black' product system enables customers to choose the right drive for them. WD Caviar Blue represents the performance and reliability that WD has been building for over 20 years, the WD Caviar Green employs WD's GreenPower technology for cool, quiet and eco-friendly operation, while the WD Caviar Black family of hard drives delivers maximum performance for today's discriminating technology enthusiasts.
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Product Name: WD Caviar Black (WD1001FALS)
RRP for 1TB: A$269 , NZ$$299
Warranty: Industry leading 5-year limited warranty
Product link and Photos: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=488
Australian Distributors: Achieva, Synnex Australia, Today Tech, Westan
New Zealand Distributors: VST, Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company produces reliable, high-performance hard drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. WD applies its storage expertise to consumer products for external, portable and shared storage applications.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
# # #
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance