Latest technology will be an immediate option in Raptor Gaming systems
Richmond, VA - September 14, 2011 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, peripherals, and the remarkable Cruz tablet, announces the availability of 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on its Raptor Gaming desktops. With this newest generation of processor technology in hand, Velocity Micro has the advanced hardware tools to continue creating some of the fastest, most powerful finely crafted desktop PCs on the market today.
"Staying on the bleeding edge of technology is a primary cornerstone of our business. Always has been, always will be," said Velocity Micro President and CEO, Randy Copeland. "I feel that it's critically important to be able to offer the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on launch day to solidify our position as a premier builder of ultra performance PCs. We're thrilled to have been given that opportunity and even more thrilled to pass that opportunity along to our customers."
The extreme performance boosts provided by the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition coalesce perfectly with Velocity Micro's ultra performance philosophy to create a remarkably powerful family of desktops for gaming or multimedia applications. Key performance advantages of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 Extreme processors include:
Ā IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom
Ā Intel Hyper-threading Technology delivers unmatched 12-thread performance across six cores
Ā Twice the memory bandwidth of previous generation IntelĀ® Core i7-990X processor and the largest cache size of any Intel processor
Ā Extreme overclockability in the hands of Velocity Micro's expert engineers with clock speeds approaching 5 GHz
"We're pleased and excited that Velocity Micro has made the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition available in their high-end desktops on launch day," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Intel Americas. "Velocity Micro has always had a reputation for providing the latest, most advanced technology to their enthusiast customers. The performance capabilities of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition fits perfectly into Velocity Micro's leadership desktop offerings."
For more information on Velocity Micro or to custom configure a finely crafted Intel-based PC of your own, visit VelocityMicro.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz