Leading Manufacturer of Gaming Peripherals and The World's Largest Video Game League Team Up; The Promise of Collaborative Happenings for Competitive Gaming Coming in 2012
CHICAGO and NEW YORK, Nov. 10, 2011 - Today, SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of competitive gaming peripherals announced a partnership and collaboration with Major League Gaming (MLG), the world's largest professional video game league and provider of cross platform online videogame competitions. SteelSeries will work together with MLG and their supported, professional gamers to design and market a new family of keyboard and mouse peripherals, all of which will be introduced during the 2012 MLG Pro Circuit season.
"We strongly believe in and support what MLG has been building in the U.S. for the past nine years," said Kim Rom, SteelSeries CMO. "The SteelSeries brand has become synonymous with professional gamers; from our peripherals' quality and design to the technology and specifications that we believe gives players the edge to win. This partnership with MLG is a natural fit, the MLG events are the finest in the industry and we are excited to announce and kick things off."
"SteelSeries is recognized as a company that does more that just create professional-grade, competitive gear, they have been an incredible supporter of competitive gaming and eSports for the past decade and see the same type of growth for the competitive circuit as we do at MLG, " said Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO, Major League Gaming. "We are proud to be working and collaborating with their team and are excited to kick off nationals later this week, with them as a new partner."
Today, SteelSeries and MLG are introducing two SteelSeries MLG Edition QcK+ mousepads that will be available during the MLG 2011 Pro Circuit National Championship in Providence, Rhode Island this weekend - November 18-20. With an MSRP of $19.99 the designs and details can be found at http://steelseries.com/mlgsurfaces. Find live streaming and tournament coverage at http://www.majorleaguegaming.com.
About Major League Gaming:
Founded in 2002, Major League Gaming (MLG) (www.majorleaguegaming.com) is the dominant media property exclusively targeting tens of millions of consumers worldwide who have a passion for playing video games as a competitive social activity. The company gives aspiring gamers around the world an opportunity to compete, improve their skills, and socialize through a thriving competitive community with more than 750,000 matches each month online and LIVE in-person Pro Circuit tournaments in cities nationwide. MLG broadcasts all Pro Circuit play via LIVE streaming online to hundreds of thousands of fans from more than 170 countries. MLG also provides extensive online editorial and video content to more than 8 million unique fans each month, including LIVE and on-demand original programming related to games, technology and more at MLG.tv and MLG Live.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces. For the past decade, SteelSeries has been on the forefront of competitive gaming gear thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gaming teams. SteelSeries also supports the growth of competitive gaming tournaments and electronic sports leagues through professional team sponsorships, partnerships, and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit http://steelseries.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- No Man's Sky concurrent players tanks by 90% on Steam
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's patch fixes some issues on PC
- No Man's Sky mod lets you travel underwater, and more
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller