Sydney, November 3, 2011 - LG Electronics (LG) and Telstra have launched the new LG Optimus Spirit, a compact AndroidTM powered smartphone which debuts globally on Australia's largest and fastest national mobile network from this week.
The LG Optimus Spirit (LG-P690F) runs AndroidTM 2.3 (Gingerbread) mobile operating software and offers enhanced multimedia, improved power management and better gaming support. It arrives on Telstra Pre-Paid just in time for Christmas when Pre-Paid mobiles top consumer wish lists.
The LG Optimus Spirit comes with Telstra's Blue Tick which means it maximises handheld coverage in regional and rural coverage areas making it perfect for people who live, work or travel beyond the city fringe.
"Today's customers want genuine leading edge technology in phones that deliver on value and visual design appeal," said Thomas Lewis, General Manager, Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Australia. "And that's precisely what we've done with the LG Optimus Spirit, a new device with the latest OS which enhances LG's reputation as a mobile company with an Android smartphone suitable for everyone, and when coupled with the reach of the Telstra network and their fantastic offer it will stand out in a competitive market."
Andrew Volard, Director, Telstra Mobile, said smartphones would be a hot-ticket item this Christmas and the LG Optimus Spirit was expected to be popular among Pre-Paid customers looking to make the switch to web-friendly mobiles.
"The LG Optimus Spirit is both affordable and compact and it's tailored especially for what our younger customers want with strong social networking features, access to fun apps via Android MarketTM and lots of entertainment options including Mobile FOXTEL from Telstra.
"It will be available for just $149 Pre-Paid and customers will be able to team it with our new Telstra Pre-Paid Cap EncoreTM offer that, on a $30 recharge or higher, includes free talk and text all night (6pm-6am) every night to standard Australian numbers for 30 days until January 23," Mr Volard said.
Featuring LG Social+, the LG Optimus Spirit combines the most popular social networking sites into one convenient widget on the handset's nominated homescreen. With a single click, users can multitask between updating their status on Facebook® and Twitter while reading their friends' social media feeds on the one convenient screen.
The integrated social widget also provides one-click photo sharing with multiple social media accounts directly from the single convenient home screen.
In addition, the LG Optimus Spirit's 3.2 HVGA (320 x 480) display delivers clear, sharp viewing of multimedia content while the LG SmartShare function allows sharing of content with other DLNA-enabled devices.
It boasts a large 1500mAh battery and an 800 MHz processor. With up to 32GB expandable memory via a MicroSD card, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi Hotspot, MP3 Player & FM radio and speakerphone the LG Optimus Spirit delivers a fantastic feature set at a great price point. The LG Optimus Spirit will be available in black or silver colour variants.
Pricing and availability
LG Optimus Spirit is available from 1 November from Telstra Stores. Telstra Pre-Paid customers will be able to purchase it for $149 Pre-Paid and team it with a range of great-value Pre-Paid offers including the new Telstra Pre-Paid Cap EncoreTM that provides loads of talk, text and data value plus, until 23 Jan 2012, on a $30 recharge has free talk and text all night (6pm-6am), every night to standard Australian numbers for 30 days to really get the most out of summer.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines