Sydney, November 3, 2011 - LG Electronics (LG) and Telstra have launched the new LG Optimus Spirit, a compact AndroidTM powered smartphone which debuts globally on Australia's largest and fastest national mobile network from this week.
The LG Optimus Spirit (LG-P690F) runs AndroidTM 2.3 (Gingerbread) mobile operating software and offers enhanced multimedia, improved power management and better gaming support. It arrives on Telstra Pre-Paid just in time for Christmas when Pre-Paid mobiles top consumer wish lists.
The LG Optimus Spirit comes with Telstra's Blue Tick which means it maximises handheld coverage in regional and rural coverage areas making it perfect for people who live, work or travel beyond the city fringe.
"Today's customers want genuine leading edge technology in phones that deliver on value and visual design appeal," said Thomas Lewis, General Manager, Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Australia. "And that's precisely what we've done with the LG Optimus Spirit, a new device with the latest OS which enhances LG's reputation as a mobile company with an Android smartphone suitable for everyone, and when coupled with the reach of the Telstra network and their fantastic offer it will stand out in a competitive market."
Andrew Volard, Director, Telstra Mobile, said smartphones would be a hot-ticket item this Christmas and the LG Optimus Spirit was expected to be popular among Pre-Paid customers looking to make the switch to web-friendly mobiles.
"The LG Optimus Spirit is both affordable and compact and it's tailored especially for what our younger customers want with strong social networking features, access to fun apps via Android MarketTM and lots of entertainment options including Mobile FOXTEL from Telstra.
"It will be available for just $149 Pre-Paid and customers will be able to team it with our new Telstra Pre-Paid Cap EncoreTM offer that, on a $30 recharge or higher, includes free talk and text all night (6pm-6am) every night to standard Australian numbers for 30 days until January 23," Mr Volard said.
Featuring LG Social+, the LG Optimus Spirit combines the most popular social networking sites into one convenient widget on the handset's nominated homescreen. With a single click, users can multitask between updating their status on Facebook® and Twitter while reading their friends' social media feeds on the one convenient screen.
The integrated social widget also provides one-click photo sharing with multiple social media accounts directly from the single convenient home screen.
In addition, the LG Optimus Spirit's 3.2 HVGA (320 x 480) display delivers clear, sharp viewing of multimedia content while the LG SmartShare function allows sharing of content with other DLNA-enabled devices.
It boasts a large 1500mAh battery and an 800 MHz processor. With up to 32GB expandable memory via a MicroSD card, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi Hotspot, MP3 Player & FM radio and speakerphone the LG Optimus Spirit delivers a fantastic feature set at a great price point. The LG Optimus Spirit will be available in black or silver colour variants.
Pricing and availability
LG Optimus Spirit is available from 1 November from Telstra Stores. Telstra Pre-Paid customers will be able to purchase it for $149 Pre-Paid and team it with a range of great-value Pre-Paid offers including the new Telstra Pre-Paid Cap EncoreTM that provides loads of talk, text and data value plus, until 23 Jan 2012, on a $30 recharge has free talk and text all night (6pm-6am), every night to standard Australian numbers for 30 days to really get the most out of summer.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4