- Corsair, DreamHack and Valve team up for a Dota 2 tournament at DreamHack Winter 2011 with 11K in prize money -
JÖNKÖPING, Sweden - November 1st, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced sponsorship of the DreamHack Corsair Vengeance Dota 2 Championship at DreamHack Winter 2011.
The tournament for one of the most eagerly anticipated games of the year, Valve's Dota 2, is presented in conjunction with DreamHack. Total prize money is 100,000 SEK, or approximately 11,000 Euros. The tournament will be played by paid attendees of DreamHack Winter 2011 and will be open to up to 64 teams of players, with the top two teams competing in the final match at the DreamArena Extreme before a crowd of thousands of DreamHack attendees. The finals will also be streamed worldwide in HD with play-by-play by widely acclaimed ESports commentator Tobi "TobiWanKenobi" Dawson.
Teams who are planning to rent table seats at DreamHack may sign up for the tournament at http://www.dreamhack.se. All teams accepted into the tournament will receive Dota 2 beta keys.
"We're pleased to be taking part in one of the first major tournaments for Dota 2," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager of the Components Business Unit at Corsair. "Our new MMO-optimized Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard and Vengeance K90 laser gaming mouse are designed for gamers who want to play at their highest level, and are a great choice for professional tournament players."
"Dota has always been one of the most popular games at our events, and we're very glad to introduce Dota 2 for the first time to our audience together with Corsair." said Tomas Hermansson, Head of e-sports, DreamHack. "It's destined to be an intriguing game, and our first Dota 2 tournament will be an exciting experience for both DreamHack and the community."
DreamHack is the world's largest computer festival, combining a massive LAN party, organized gaming tournaments, manufacturer exhibits, lectures and sessions held by leading game developers and personalities, and performances by world-renowned musicians. DreamHack Winter 2011 takes place at the Elmia in Elmia fair in Jönköping, Sweden, from November 24 - 27. Learn more at http://www.dreamhack.se.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader