TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the first to market 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge, model TEW-680MB.
With the proliferation of streaming HD video over the Internet into the home, wireless network loading has never been greater. TRENDnet's TEW-680MB provides the highest wireless connection speeds available for up to four media center devices such as media players, gaming consoles, Internet televisions, and NVRs. This high performance product helps ensure that the wireless component of an overall network does not produce lag or jitter when wirelessly streaming HD movies and more to a media center.
Dual Band technology provides the option of connecting either over the common 2.4 GHz wireless network or over the low interference 5 GHz network. A popular network configuration when connecting to a Dual Band router is to dedicate the router's 5 GHz band to the TEW-680MB and the 2.4 GHz band to laptops and mobile devices. The TEW-680MB needs to be connected to a 450Mbps router, such as TRENDnet's TEW-692GR, in order to maintain 450Mbps wireless speeds. If the TEW-680MB is connected to a 300Mbps router, the router will bottleneck wireless speeds at 300Mbps.
An external Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS button connects the TEW-680MB to a router at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of entering complicated encryption codes; simply press the WPS button on your router (such as TRENDnet's TEW-692GR) and then press the WPS button on the TEW-680MB. The devices will automatically exchange information and connect over a secure encrypted wireless signal. WMM Quality of Service (QoS) technology further prioritizes streaming video, gaming, and Internet calls.Connect up to four devices to the four Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back of the TEW-680MB. LEDs on the front of the wireless bridge convey device status.
"The TEW-680MB meets real market demand and completes TRENDnet's 450Mbps wireless ecosystem," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "Other brands only offer a 450Mbps router. However you also need a 450Mbps wireless adapter or bridge to maintain 450Mbps wireless speeds. TRENDnet is the only brand to offer 450Mbps routers, adapters, and bridges which empower users for the first time to create a whole-home 450Mbps wireless network."
The 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge, model TEW-680MB, comes with a three year limited warranty and is currently shipping to TRENDnet's online and retail partners.
TEW-680MB MSRP: U.S. $169.99.
Latest News Posts
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- BioWare sets up a goose cam, starts naming the geese Dragon Age names
- Learn How to Build 14 Android Apps for $17
- Nintendo NX represents a 'new way of thinking' about console hardware
- Battlefield 5's world premiere set for May 6
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched