Today, SteelSeries and GUNNAR Optiks introduced a new style of eyewear designed for competitive gamers, the SteelSeries Desmo. Featuring GUNNAR's i-AMP® lens technology, the new co-branded eyewear improves visual efficiency, endurance, and recovery during gaming sessions. To minimize peripheral distractions, the unique design is semi-rimless and provides an exceedingly broad visual field that allows the user to completely focus on the screen. The sleek frame features flexible twin-rail temples combined with adjustable nose pads to provide a lightweight, stable fit. As an added benefit for gamers, the ultra-slim temples rest comfortably beneath a gaming headset. The new style will be available in two color options - the Desmo Onyx and Desmo Snow (limited edition).
"We've been collaborating with the GUNNAR Optiks team in marketing and events for more than two years now, including the launch of our first co-branded eyewear model, the SteelSeries Scope," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "When we started on this new design, it was important that it was more than just lightweight and comfortable, but that the lens shape, frame style and temples were chosen and perfected in order to impact and improve the way players saw their game. We believe we've achieved that goal with the Desmo and are excited for players to try it out."
"SteelSeries is a fantastic partner," said Rob Aarnes, president of GUNNAR. "They've pushed us to the next level in our joint design of the SteelSeries Desmo and we are proud to put the eyewear into our Advanced Gaming Eyewear Collection. We expect it to be an immediate success as we roll it out to the market."
Together with the lightweight, durable design of the frames and comfort of the temples, the SteelSeries Desmo lenses are optimized to enhance a user's visual performance. GUNNAR eyewear enhances optical performance to give users an immediate, noticeable visual advantage using i-AMP lens technology. This optical lens innovation includes the following components:
Tint: Specially formulated tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution.
Wrap/Shape: Features a highly wrapped, curved lens shape limiting air flow and maintaining moisture near the eyes, while providing a slight focusing power to help ease eye fatigue and enhancing detail for sharper, clearer vision.
Material: A proprietary lens material that is optically pure, insuring the clearest image by eliminating distortion, impurities and haze.
Coatings: An anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and other distractions caused by reflective light.
20/20 or Rx: Out of the box ready for 20/20 vision or used with corrective contact lenses, and also prescription compatible in partnership with Carl Zeiss Vision with optional coverage by VSP Insurance. Visit http://www.gunnars.com/rx/ for more information.
Whether you're touring the competitive gaming circuit, playing MMO's for hours or switching between work and play on your PC or MAC, the SteelSeries Desmo provides a premium visual experience while delivering both style and comfort. The SteelSeries Desmo Onyx is $99.99/ 99.99 MSRP and will be available online at both the SteelSeries and GUNNAR Web Shops. The Desmo Snow (limited edition) is also $99.99/ 99.99 MSRP, but will be exclusively sold at SteelSeries.com.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology