CUDA Cleans Up At SuperComputing Industry Awards
SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 8 2008-Every year at the Supercomputing (SC) convention (http://sc08.supercomputing.org), the organizing committee and media partners give awards for outstanding high performance computing (HPC) research and achievements. This year, NVIDIA® Tesla GPUs and the NVIDIA CUDA architecture were recognized in multiple categories, a clear indicator that GPU Computing technology is making a real and significant impact in the HPC industry.
- The Best Student Paper Award went to Vasily Volkov and James W. Demmel of the University of California, Berkeley for "Benchmarking GPUs to Tune Dense Linear Algebra."
- In the ACM Best Graduate Student Poster, 1st place went to Akila Gothandaraman of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, for "Acceleration of Quantum Monte Carlo Applications on Emerging Computing Platforms." David Dynerman of the University of Wisconsin-Madison secured 2nd place for his poster entitled: "CUSA and CUDE: GPU-Accelerated Methods for Estimating Solvent Accessible Surface Area and Desolvation." Both posters focused on advances made possible by the NVIDIA CUDA architecture. See David Dynerman talk about his work on YouTube
- National Instruments LabVIEW Application was named Finalist in Supercomputing Analytics Challenge for their use of GPUs to develop real-time control for the European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) See it on YouTube.
- And HPCWire, the most recognized and accessed news and information site covering the HPC industry, presented NVIDIA with its coveted Readers Choice Award for NVIDIA Tesla/CUDA
NVIDIA CUDA technology continues to transform the HPC industry through providing scientists, researchers, engineers and developers access to the powerful and massively parallel processing architecture of the GPU through industry languages such as C, Fortran, Java and Python.
For more information on NVIDIA Tesla products, visit: http://www.nvidia.com/tesla and to watch more videos of real developers getting amazing results from NVIDIA GPU Computing technologies, visit http://www.youtube.com/nvidiatesla
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog