CUDA Cleans Up At SuperComputing Industry Awards
SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 8 2008-Every year at the Supercomputing (SC) convention (http://sc08.supercomputing.org), the organizing committee and media partners give awards for outstanding high performance computing (HPC) research and achievements. This year, NVIDIA® Tesla GPUs and the NVIDIA CUDA architecture were recognized in multiple categories, a clear indicator that GPU Computing technology is making a real and significant impact in the HPC industry.
- The Best Student Paper Award went to Vasily Volkov and James W. Demmel of the University of California, Berkeley for "Benchmarking GPUs to Tune Dense Linear Algebra."
- In the ACM Best Graduate Student Poster, 1st place went to Akila Gothandaraman of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, for "Acceleration of Quantum Monte Carlo Applications on Emerging Computing Platforms." David Dynerman of the University of Wisconsin-Madison secured 2nd place for his poster entitled: "CUSA and CUDE: GPU-Accelerated Methods for Estimating Solvent Accessible Surface Area and Desolvation." Both posters focused on advances made possible by the NVIDIA CUDA architecture. See David Dynerman talk about his work on YouTube
- National Instruments LabVIEW Application was named Finalist in Supercomputing Analytics Challenge for their use of GPUs to develop real-time control for the European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) See it on YouTube.
- And HPCWire, the most recognized and accessed news and information site covering the HPC industry, presented NVIDIA with its coveted Readers Choice Award for NVIDIA Tesla/CUDA
NVIDIA CUDA technology continues to transform the HPC industry through providing scientists, researchers, engineers and developers access to the powerful and massively parallel processing architecture of the GPU through industry languages such as C, Fortran, Java and Python.
For more information on NVIDIA Tesla products, visit: http://www.nvidia.com/tesla and to watch more videos of real developers getting amazing results from NVIDIA GPU Computing technologies, visit http://www.youtube.com/nvidiatesla
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand