CUDA Cleans Up At SuperComputing Industry Awards
SANTA CLARA, CA-DECEMBER 8 2008-Every year at the Supercomputing (SC) convention (http://sc08.supercomputing.org), the organizing committee and media partners give awards for outstanding high performance computing (HPC) research and achievements. This year, NVIDIA® Tesla GPUs and the NVIDIA CUDA architecture were recognized in multiple categories, a clear indicator that GPU Computing technology is making a real and significant impact in the HPC industry.
- The Best Student Paper Award went to Vasily Volkov and James W. Demmel of the University of California, Berkeley for "Benchmarking GPUs to Tune Dense Linear Algebra."
- In the ACM Best Graduate Student Poster, 1st place went to Akila Gothandaraman of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, for "Acceleration of Quantum Monte Carlo Applications on Emerging Computing Platforms." David Dynerman of the University of Wisconsin-Madison secured 2nd place for his poster entitled: "CUSA and CUDE: GPU-Accelerated Methods for Estimating Solvent Accessible Surface Area and Desolvation." Both posters focused on advances made possible by the NVIDIA CUDA architecture. See David Dynerman talk about his work on YouTube
- National Instruments LabVIEW Application was named Finalist in Supercomputing Analytics Challenge for their use of GPUs to develop real-time control for the European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) See it on YouTube.
- And HPCWire, the most recognized and accessed news and information site covering the HPC industry, presented NVIDIA with its coveted Readers Choice Award for NVIDIA Tesla/CUDA
NVIDIA CUDA technology continues to transform the HPC industry through providing scientists, researchers, engineers and developers access to the powerful and massively parallel processing architecture of the GPU through industry languages such as C, Fortran, Java and Python.
For more information on NVIDIA Tesla products, visit: http://www.nvidia.com/tesla and to watch more videos of real developers getting amazing results from NVIDIA GPU Computing technologies, visit http://www.youtube.com/nvidiatesla
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL announces two 'major extreme' OC events for Computex next week
- 48GB worth of Star Citizen assets leak online, swiftly removed
- Telemarketers and refs, lookout... robots coming for your jobs
- Patriot Act didn't do very much good in breaking cases, FBI says
- Microsoft rumored to be looking at acquiring BlackBerry
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications