Japanese cooling expert Scythe announces the successor of Big Shuriken CPU Cooler. Big Shuriken 2 had to undergo further development on the heatsink and axial-fan side to provide better even performance and compatibility.
Applied improvements of heatsink are not obvious at first sight because main heatsink structure was inherited from Big Shuriken (1) CPU Cooler. Total amount of copper-heatpipes was increases from four to five pieces. Curved heatpipes are connecting the nickel-plated copper-base with the two upper layers of aluminum fins. Big Shuriken (1) was equipped with a solid heatsink on top of the copper-base which has been removed in the new version.
Consequently socket mounting is no longer achieved by using VTMS mounting mechanism but the F.M.S.B. 4 (Flip Mount Super Back-Plate 4) using screws and backlpate. Socket compatibility list has been kept long as usual, including latest Intel socket LGA1155, LGA1156, T / LGA775 and LGA1366 as well as AMD socket AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+ and FM1.
New Version is furthermore equipped with a Slip Stream Slim 120 PWM axial-fan with a thickness of only 12 mm allowing the total height of Big Shuriken 2 being only 58 mm. Supplied 120 mm fan supports the PWM feature offering variable fan control between 500 and 2.000 rpm. Depending on fan speed and requirements the supplied fan is able to create airflow from 21 to 78 m³/h respectively from 12,13 to 45,47 CFM.
After the improved Version of Big Shuriken (1) was first displayed at the exhibition CeBIt 2011 it was further modified and is finally available worldwide from now on. Recommended MSRP for Shuriken 2 (SCBSK-2000) in Europe is 30 EUR (excl. VAT/TAX).
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Introducing Li-Fi, the Wi-Fi killer that boasts 224Gbps
- NVIDIA rumored to be preparing the GeForce GTX 960 Ti
- AMD reduces price on Radeon R9 Fury X, Fury and Nano - Fury X now $589
- Star Trek DS9 Blu-ray campaign warps into view
- Humai wants to transfer your consciousness to an artificial body
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family