Japanese cooling expert Scythe announces the successor of Big Shuriken CPU Cooler. Big Shuriken 2 had to undergo further development on the heatsink and axial-fan side to provide better even performance and compatibility.
Applied improvements of heatsink are not obvious at first sight because main heatsink structure was inherited from Big Shuriken (1) CPU Cooler. Total amount of copper-heatpipes was increases from four to five pieces. Curved heatpipes are connecting the nickel-plated copper-base with the two upper layers of aluminum fins. Big Shuriken (1) was equipped with a solid heatsink on top of the copper-base which has been removed in the new version.
Consequently socket mounting is no longer achieved by using VTMS mounting mechanism but the F.M.S.B. 4 (Flip Mount Super Back-Plate 4) using screws and backlpate. Socket compatibility list has been kept long as usual, including latest Intel socket LGA1155, LGA1156, T / LGA775 and LGA1366 as well as AMD socket AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+ and FM1.
New Version is furthermore equipped with a Slip Stream Slim 120 PWM axial-fan with a thickness of only 12 mm allowing the total height of Big Shuriken 2 being only 58 mm. Supplied 120 mm fan supports the PWM feature offering variable fan control between 500 and 2.000 rpm. Depending on fan speed and requirements the supplied fan is able to create airflow from 21 to 78 m³/h respectively from 12,13 to 45,47 CFM.
After the improved Version of Big Shuriken (1) was first displayed at the exhibition CeBIt 2011 it was further modified and is finally available worldwide from now on. Recommended MSRP for Shuriken 2 (SCBSK-2000) in Europe is 30 EUR (excl. VAT/TAX).
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Virtual reality slowly beginning take over of video game industry
- Report: 5 billion Google Android apps are vulnerable to cyberattack
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Dell Poweredge T110 V52N7 Motherboard
- Asrock h87 fatality performance sound problem
- win crash
- PC-K65 and PC-K69
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop